Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @281.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What is something about your childhood that you DON'T miss?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: What is something about your childhood that you DON'T miss?  (Read 6945 times)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022 @786.69 »

As someone who spent most of their life on the internet, I don't miss those annoying ads for Smiley Central and Cursor Mania. MAN they sure annoyed my parents with the bugs they bring out!

Web design is my passion!

easy_breezy

PonPon

iMood: hax_man

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022 @855.27 »

Waking up in the middle of the night to one of those tornado warnings on television. Do those still exist? Did they change that god awful sound? I still remember the feeling of being a 5 year old all alone in my room and about to cry because I was too scared to go up to the television and turn it off. The sound was scary!

Thank god I never lived anywhere with tornado warnings. Though, I always dreaded september every year because that's where all the hurricanes start hitting the east cost.

At least that taught me to keep my DS charged.

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
grim
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: grim

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022 @936.74 »

i was actually thinking about stuff related to this recently, because i've been going through and playing old games i used to love as a kid that i could never figure out LOL

do not miss not understanding how to even install certain mmorpgs(this sounds silly but it was a source of a lot of frustration for me!).
 do not miss not understanding how to progress in some videogames as a kid.
do not miss being so concerned with other peoples lives that i couldn't enjoy my own! :ohdear:
Darmodej

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2022 @751.52 »

oh boy where do i even start
td;dr grown in satans frozen left nut where on top of that everyone's a jerk

ano, ja jsem on
demonologi
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022 @49.83 »

eugh, i miss...very little about it.

but, i'll list one of the more minor things. i don't miss all the running around for holidays. lots of more family back then, dragged back and forth everywhere on halloween, or 6 in the morning on christmas, and not getting back until late at night.

versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

StatusCafe: versidue

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2022 @30.34 »

Indoor smoking. Smoking inside public buildings has been banned where I live since about 2010 and I do NOT miss it. Restaurants with smoking sections were the worst, especially if your seat in the "non-smoking" section was right along the smoking section border.

Waking up in the middle of the night to one of those tornado warnings on television. Do those still exist? Did they change that god awful sound? I still remember the feeling of being a 5 year old all alone in my room and about to cry because I was too scared to go up to the television and turn it off. The sound was scary!

I've never had a tornado warning on tv :O
We have a tornado siren test every saturday at noon though. For some reason it is a beautiful, soothing sound to me, even though I've had several frightening experiences where the sirens were on for real

neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2022 @183.72 »

BEDTIME... i will stay up as late as i please thank you very much :tongue: i ended up not being able to fall asleep for hours on end and then sneaking a game device most of the time anyway. sometimes i was a little evil like that. at least i usually got those ~8 hours of sleep in!

i also don't miss not being allowed to eat dessert before my actual meals. i do that a lot now... food takes a while to make and i can't resist digging into the candies while i wait XP

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
pancito
Casual Poster

any pronouns for me!

iMood: 800cherries

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2022 @991.23 »

i certainly don't miss online games with paid memberships!! playing club penguin in 2013 was so sad if you weren't paying anything. later they added some non-member clothing items, but i wasn't playing anymore at that point. my parents once got the 15-day membership and i spent all my money in like a day :notgood: and i had no idea about any cpps yet!

also, i don't miss overthinking excessively and obsessing over grades or just school in general. :tongue:

☆゚°˖* ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2022 @98.41 »

There's a LOT of things I miss about being a kid, but piracy being less accessible is definitely not one of them. For years, if we had to return a movie back to the library/blockbuster or a VHS tape broke, you just had to be content with possibly never seeing it again. Of course, we probably could've just bought another copy, but my experiences as a poor kid made me too afraid to ask my parents for things :sad:

But yeah, once my family discovered sites like putlocker or sockshare, we stopped caring about physical media all together (that's different for me now, though). But the best part about it is that I now have access to a lot of obscure, rare movies as a part of the strange media rabbit holes I get into.

That said, I do have a nostalgic fondness for finding movie divided into parts on early youtube. I remember that was what introduced me to a lot of animated films I didn't already own (Watership Down, Secret of Nimh, Roger Rabbit, ect)

Kitchen Staff
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/they/glitch

iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2022 @736.55 »

Having to wake up early for school. Never liked how early Middle School and High School started at.

xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2022 @619.09 »

Well, depression, anxiety, PTSD, was probably the worst in middle and high school and needing to wake up early every morning and the added stress of failing our classes certainly didn't help and just made things a loop until we graduated. Feels like my system's life didn't actually start until we were 20.

Being a mostly independent adult is great though. I can cook what I want, buy what I want, use whatever coping mechanisms work for me in my own house, and I no longer have a hormonal hell brain that makes me want to fight with people on the internet and get involved in drama. Screw whatever people say to kids about being an adult being horrible, they probably aren't doing it right.

i certainly don't miss online games with paid memberships!! playing club penguin in 2013 was so sad if you weren't paying anything. later they added some non-member clothing items, but i wasn't playing anymore at that point. my parents once got the 15-day membership and i spent all my money in like a day :notgood: and i had no idea about any cpps yet!

also, i don't miss overthinking excessively and obsessing over grades or just school in general. :tongue:

Unfortunately this is still a thing with online games, Webkinz, the game where you already buy a plush to unlock full membership, of all things added a deluxe membership.

Thank god I never lived anywhere with tornado warnings. Though, I always dreaded september every year because that's where all the hurricanes start hitting the east cost.

At least that taught me to keep my DS charged.

It's not a childhood fear since I still live where we get hurricanes, if anything its gotten slightly worse since I moved into an RV and still live next to a creek but hey at least I can just grab everything and pop over to my dad's house to wait it out.

That's also actually why I have a portable charger that I try to keep charged as much as I can. My hacked 2DS can't hold a charge for shit but that portable charger can last days. I've also gotten better at downloading videos for general preservation but it also serves good to keep me entertained :v

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2022 @763.88 »

The world seems so much more dramatic, colourful and amazing as a kid- but also scarier. I would quite often get these episodes where everyone's faces and voices would glitch. Like, their eyes would turn into black holes and their faces would melt, their voices would sound like a car radio powering down, and everything would become dark purple/greenish. I would start to hyperventilate or cry until I 'woke up' and the person would be asking me what's wrong. Typing this out I'm not sure if this was normal lol... but while I do find remembering these episodes very intriguing(I'm a big fan of dark and emotional visuals) I am glad I don't have them anymore now. It would really mess me up!

NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2022 @820.20 »

Nascar 2004 for the GameCube.

No, but seriously, one thing I don't miss is my restrained worldview at the time. I was unhealthily optimistic at the time, and often dealt in absolutes, hard-set rules that can't be broken. That's not necessarily a bad place to start, but it's a grey world we live in, and I definitely played the fool a fair handful of times when talking with friends or trying to help others out.
:drat:
Then again, there's a sort of confidence you get when you're settled in stone, an ability to act on what you feel is right. But I'd rather figure out how to conjure that inner strength while using a more open-minded approach to seeing the world.
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2022 @871.42 »

The world seems so much more dramatic, colourful and amazing as a kid- but also scarier. I would quite often get these episodes where everyone's faces and voices would glitch. Like, their eyes would turn into black holes and their faces would melt, their voices would sound like a car radio powering down, and everything would become dark purple/greenish. I would start to hyperventilate or cry until I 'woke up' and the person would be asking me what's wrong. Typing this out I'm not sure if this was normal lol... but while I do find remembering these episodes very intriguing(I'm a big fan of dark and emotional visuals) I am glad I don't have them anymore now. It would really mess me up!
Look up "The backrooms (found footage)" on YouTube and click the one from Kane Pixels. Enjoy the new nightmares!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022 @974.35 by Icelogist » Logged
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2022 @963.92 »

Look up "The backrooms (found footage)" on YouTube and click the one from Kane Pixels. Enjoy the new nightmares!

I'm a huge fan of backrooms, liminal spaces, weirdcore etc! Been following Kane Pixels since his first backrooms video. It's sooo good. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022 @965.17 by ArtisTheFox » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I miss the old internet-but I never experienced it.

Started by syx (dead)Board ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 13
Views: 2194
Last post October 08, 2022 @645.95
by manpaint
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3177
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 55
Views: 5209
Last post April 10, 2024 @574.35
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi