Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @839.38 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Moderation Requests - How to deal with issues on this forum!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moderation Requests - How to deal with issues on this forum!  (Read 959 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: January 05, 2023 @811.69 »

How to deal with issues on this forum!

Hi, this is just a quick topic I felt was necessary to create!

Im aware many of you might be coming from other internet communities which either have very strict moderation, or very little moderation - MelonLand is different. Moderation here is constant and low-key - I try my best to assess and deal with each issue and situation individually - however I cant do that without your help!

There is a "Report to moderator" button on every message and its ok to use it! I wont ban someone if you report them, but I will consider your request and try to take a fair action if any action is needed. Even if you're not sure if its a real issue, report it, my job (for better or worse) is to decide what should be on this forum :tongue:

Examples things you should report:
  • Inappropriate material that obviously breaks the rules
  • Topics that are so great they should be pinned or read by me!
  • Messages that seem rude or unkind
  • Unwelcome private messages
  • Messages you cant read because the colour or font is weird
  • Topics that don't have proper titles or descriptions, or messages that don't add to the discussion
  • Anything you feel that spoils your vibe in this community
  • Messages where someone is sharing information that might put them or others at risk
  • Mis-leading or dangerously incorrect information
  • Anything that detracts from your ability to enjoy the forum!

Things that you should not do:
  • Please don't publicly call someone out - its not fair on them or you, and it potentially puts you at risk.
  • Please don't message non moderators about moderation issues - don't be a vigilante, and don't confront or apologise to users you think you might have upset, wait for a moderation discussion to be finished and ask a moderator if its ok to contact someone about the issue.
  • Please don't ignore an issue to protect someone - things get worse if they are not addressed

Its a lot of work managing a forum, and you guys can really help me out! Just remember that reporting a message is ok, and its not a big deal - its just a way to let me know I might need to pay a little more attention to a message! :4u:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023 @816.64 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5460
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3367
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3770
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi