Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @557.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  The raccoon goes: "chitter"

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The raccoon goes: "chitter"  (Read 1444 times)
Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 29, 2022 @254.40 »

Hi! So I've made a few posts here and I figured I should introduce myself.

I'm Kutan! I really like video games, virtual worlds, and raccoons. I got into the Internet in the mid 90s, was absolutely obsessed with exploring the web. It was so neat seeing all these personal spaces on display, and seeing what creative things people could make within the confines of early WWW. It was also a blast getting to meet and interact with people-- AOL chat rooms, and eventually within the context of game environments, like EverQuest.
But my personal favorite online spaces were ones that allowed you to create and explore virtual worlds in realtime with other people: Furcadia was a big one for me, as was The Palace, and many years later, Second Life. I think Second Life came the closest to realizing the dream of a "3D Web," at least in its early days. Lots and lots of people making their own little spaces where they could showcase their interests and hobbies, and you could fly across a vast , continuous landscape of creations until you saw something that caught your eye, all in realtime with other people. That's definitely the kind of experience I seek out nowadays.
I found this site completely on accident, and I absolutely fell in love with it. It's such a treat to have a web space where you can just wander without a destination in mind, never really knowing what's going to be behind the next click, but finding all kinds of interesting things as you go. And it's been really exciting seeing that there's a whole community of "Web Revival" people making more spaces like this! It's going to be a ton of fun for me getting to explore all this.

Oh, as for the raccoons! I just really like raccoons. I spent a bunch of years feeding raccoons in the backyard every night. The yard was right up against an abandoned golf course, so we had all manner of wildlife out there. The raccoons in particular loved to come into the yard and play in the pool, and once I started feeding them, they became a regular part of my nightly routine. They're such curious and social animals! They acclimate to people so quickly, and they just "hang out" in a way most wild animals don't really do. Once they're fed, they're not in any rush to leave! Nowadays I just watch them online-- there's a really cool webcam I watch with nightly raccoons, and you can even donate to have an automated dispenser give them peanuts.

Here's a picture I took of a mom and her two fuzzbeasts!

* racc.jpg (90.97 kB, 435x457 - viewed 130 times.)

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022 @16.54 »

Welcome!

Those raccoons are such precious little cutiessss :loved: :loved:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022 @424.38 »

Welcome! I have actually been considering making a SecondLife zone for this forum, but it runs really badly on my laptop and Im lazy :omg:k: Also Id love to make something indie a bit like it, but its SO HARD making a 3D world that's interesting and modifiable for people who visit it!

Raccoons defiantly have a vibe, we don't have them here, but I enjoyed Pom Poko when I was a kid. I still enjoy the theory that tired business people are in fact raccoons in disguise :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
KAFKAPOLIS
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022 @61.08 »

Welcome to the forums!!
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022 @814.92 »

Welcome to the forums, Kutan! That webcam is an absolute delight; very idyllic. Appreciate the share.

Status Cafe Profile
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi