Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @497.84 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!  (Read 5064 times)
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021 @48.96 »

Grats on the release Melon! :ozwomp:

I had a chance to download and play the completed game; the additional story framing was very charming. It actually was pretty bittersweet to collect all the discs to leave the final level, I dawdled quite a bit there. That said, I know I certainly will be diving back into the game again, for sure. "Meditative" is a great descriptor for the whole experience. I don't know how you made the disc collecting effect, but that visual is probably one of my favorite details of the game, it's really dynamic and cool.

Now that the game is officially released, the press is curious to know: what did you find to be the most challenging part of development? And what was the most rewarding, or something interesting that you learned in the process of building the game?

Status Cafe Profile
Ollie Olliverio
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021 @352.26 »

♥♥♥ LUVIN IT LUVIN IT LUVIN IT! ♥♥♥
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021 @866.19 »

Now that the game is officially released, the press is curious to know: what did you find to be the most challenging part of development? And what was the most rewarding, or something interesting that you learned in the process of building the game?

Ok so, the game itself was not too hard to put together, getting the environmental effects took a bit of fiddling. The hard part was the personal side, fighting with myself. For example having to make the call to cut the MoMG world when I knew it was one of the most popular from the demo videos, that was really difficult and I procrastinated on it for a week. The existential crisis of spending hours on something and not knowing if anyone would like it when it was done, that was hard too, you start questioning if it will ever be done and if your just wasting your time. Being an indie developer, you are on your own, there's no one else on the project to lean on for support day to day, that was the most challenging part.

What I learned was, just be brutal, make decisions, make cuts, leave out features you love, don't waste time deliberating. That said, also be paced, take breaks and don't rush; keep it steady. Letting go and admitting a loss and a limit is often the best and only way to progress, that's easy to say and really hard to do.

After all that though, the feeling of being done and completing it is great, I feel like a real game designer now :omg:k:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021 @128.78 »

Thanks for the insights Melon!

Being a solo developer really does sound like a daunting task; it's hard to really encapsulate the scale of work until you're actually in the trenches doing it all yourself. Even so, the sense of accomplishment must be fantastic. Cheers again, and looking forward to what your next ideas may bring.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2022 @46.61 »

Sneeky (And very premature) foreshadowing!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022 @2.01 »

Sneeky (And very premature) foreshadowing!

we must know more! :omg: :ozwomp: :ozwomp: :ozwomp:

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2022 @128.44 »

OMG !!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1799
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Ozwomp's Voyage for iPhone & iPad (Discontinued)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 9
Views: 2582
Last post April 12, 2022 @300.98
by Icey!
Playing Ozwamp's Voyage on Linux with Wine.

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 948
Last post April 13, 2022 @123.11
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi