Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 16, 2024 - @351.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 19/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  Ozwomp's Voyage for iPhone & iPad (Discontinued)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ozwomp's Voyage for iPhone & iPad (Discontinued)  (Read 2629 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 13, 2022 @824.86 »

Ozwomp's Voyage will soon be (IS) on iPhone and iPad!

EDIT: This game is no longer available on any platform as of Mid 2023

After some very successful early tests and some optimization I have found that Ozwomp's Voyage runs great on iOS devices and it feels more natural on mobile than it did on desktop, so I'm super excited for this! Its making me rethink how I'm going to do projects like this in the future; mainly that 3D worlds can be hard for people to run if they don't have a strong computer, but SO MANY people have iPhones, its a really good way to get stuff to people in a way that's accessible to them.

All features of the desktop version should be available, I'm hoping to allow it to work in both portrait and landscape orientation (although that makes the UI really annoying! AND yes I'm still planning to add a multiplayer system (Although that might get spun off into another project I'm still thinking about how well it fits here)

EDIT! Its done!
Official page on Melonking.Net: https://melonking.net/games/ozwomps-voyage/index.html
App Store Page: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ozwomps-voyage/id1611064855
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023 @827.72 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
easy_breezy

PonPon

iMood: hax_man

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022 @925.22 »

Did you compose the music or did someone else do it?

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022 @933.07 »

Did you compose the music or did someone else do it?

I'm talented but I'm not that talented :happy: The music is by https://siddhartha.music.blog/ they were kind enough to let me use it free of charge on the condition that I make a donation if the game ever turns a profit. I hope I can make that donation some day because the music is really wonderful.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
OkayRelax
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I like video games, art, and surfing the cool web!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022 @939.87 »

android version when??

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022 @960.54 »

android version when??

I'm a little intimidated by android because there are so many types of android phones, some of them would work fine, but a lot of the budget ones would not work well at all, plus there are a bunch of android stores, Google, Amazon etc, its a major hassle! Worse than that I don't have an android phone that I could properly test the game on at the moment :notgood: I might need to buy a Nexus tablet or something that I can test with (do they still make those?)

So I'm not against doing an android version at some point, but I think I need to take a break first, getting it on iOS was exhausting :ohdear:

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022 @967.29 »

Congratulations on getting it up! :ozwomp: It looks so amazing! :ozwomp: I wish I had an iPhone so I could play! :ozwomp:

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022 @846.06 »

linux

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2022 @850.52 »

linux

No ones ever happy when you pick a platform! :tongue: There is an older desktop version you and download from the page on MK I linked above. It has a Mac and Windows builds. I DID TRY and issue a linux build too, but it seemed to be totally broken and glitchy when I tried to test it, so I have no idea what the issue was.

I will be updating the desktop builds with the new iOS features in the future, that means moving to the newer version of Unity that the iOS version uses, so I'll try and do a linux build then and see if it works now!

OkayRelax
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I like video games, art, and surfing the cool web!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022 @157.38 »

android version when??

I'm a little intimidated by android because there are so many types of android phones, some of them would work fine, but a lot of the budget ones would not work well at all, plus there are a bunch of android stores, Google, Amazon etc, its a major hassle! Worse than that I don't have an android phone that I could properly test the game on at the moment :notgood: I might need to buy a Nexus tablet or something that I can test with (do they still make those?)

So I'm not against doing an android version at some point, but I think I need to take a break first, getting it on iOS was exhausting :ohdear:
fair enough :smile:

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022 @300.98 »

linux

No ones ever happy when you pick a platform! :tongue: There is an older desktop version you and download from the page on MK I linked above. It has a Mac and Windows builds. I DID TRY and issue a linux build too, but it seemed to be totally broken and glitchy when I tried to test it, so I have no idea what the issue was.

I will be updating the desktop builds with the new iOS features in the future, that means moving to the newer version of Unity that the iOS version uses, so I'll try and do a linux build then and see if it works now!
Just be glad that you didn't make the game from scratch.

Update: tried it with wine, it works! But a little laggy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022 @303.11 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20778
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5406
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
Daniel's Network Search (Discontinued)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 3
Views: 1925
Last post March 19, 2022 @479.06
by Karius

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi