Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @675.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  What do you think about at night?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What do you think about at night?  (Read 1942 times)
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: February 05, 2022 @30.27 »

Here are a few:

What are a few inventions that never seen the light of day? (Meaning inventions that where never seen never the public eye.)
When modern animals finally go extincted what will they look like to future generations?
How will computer files be discovered in the next 100 or 500 years?
What does death look like in the first person prosp- Yea, I need to stop.

EDIT: The second question was about fossils and how future humans will imagine them when the fossil of the animal was alive. I failed to present the question and I am sorry. I would like to thank melon for helping me catch the error.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022 @766.39 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022 @74.97 »

For some reason I do a lot of unnecessary maths at night, like trying to figure out how many lizards there are on earth based on statistics and then trying to see if I could fit them all in my house (Not that I want to eek)
I also think about The Haunting of Hill House a lot, like A LOT, its an issue...
Annddd I tend to pretend Im in a submarine or hiding out in an abandoned city and an evil ruler is trying to find me with search ships outside by my blanket is a cloaking device and I cannot be found!

As for your thoughts:
What are a few inventions that never seen the light of day?
It bothers me that electrics cars were popular in the 1900s and we are only just getting them again now.
When modern animals finally go extincted what will they look like to future generations?
I think we will see more intelligent scavenger animals, like crows and foxes, there may even be species diverse sentience in the future.
This is a big issue! None of our technology today can last that long, only files that are actively upgraded to newer formats may survive!
What does death look like in the first person perspective?
From what Iv heard, when your in those final moments, your not really conscious anymore, your prob already in a dream world.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Darmodej

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022 @91.33 »

the thoughts you have in the shower or in the bathroom that you forget the moment you leave the room

ano, ja jsem on
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022 @103.85 »

I wish that's what I thought about at night. :ohdear: because honestly, those are all fascinating questions! Mostly, I spend the night trying to comb through all the messy emotions I've felt throughout the day

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022 @171.12 »

Hey melon! it seems that you found my post. However, I want to clear something up.
I think we will see more intelligent scavenger animals, like crows and foxes, there may even be species diverse sentience in the future.
I think I may have said this question wrong, what I actually meant was that when our modern animals go extinct and all of our records on researching these animals gets deleted how will the future generations imagine them based on the fossils that where left behind which can look extremely different from the present understanding that the future forgot about. From my understanding on our attempts at imagining Dinosaurs, it can get very inaccurate.

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022 @739.50 »

when our modern animals go extinct and all of our records on researching these animals gets deleted how will the future generations imagine them based on the fossils that where left behind which can look extremely different from the present understanding that the future forgot about. From my understanding on our attempts at imagining Dinosaurs, it can get very inaccurate.

Such an interesting thought! It reminds me of medieval drawings of elephants or lions. Some of them can look quite strange, but I imagine it would be very difficult to find a reference for such exotic animals.. (But realism is overrated anyway, right?)

I think I'm going to be wondering about this question too, now :cheesy:

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022 @770.41 »

when our modern animals go extinct and all of our records on researching these animals gets deleted how will the future generations imagine them based on the fossils that where left behind which can look extremely different from the present understanding that the future forgot about. From my understanding on our attempts at imagining Dinosaurs, it can get very inaccurate.

Such an interesting thought! It reminds me of medieval drawings of elephants or lions. Some of them can look quite strange, but I imagine it would be very difficult to find a reference for such exotic animals.. (But realism is overrated anyway, right?)

Like... Have you seen the skeleton of a cat? That's gonna be very hard to imagine with the additional challenge of some bones missing! Realism isn't just overrated, it's painful.

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022 @809.84 »

If I had seen this question perhaps a year ago, I probably would have had a lot more interesting things to say. More recently, I go to bed with pretty much zero thoughts, I am usually too primed to sleep to think too hard past any book or reading I have been doing prior to sleep -- it is a welcome change though, I used to keep myself up late at night worrying about all the things I wanted to do or accomplish the next day, or any pressing concerns regarding work : P

(EDIT: Or if this is just referring to nighttime in general: also pretty much nothing LOL, night time is the prime time for turning off the brain and working on creative projects! Unfortunately, it's personally getting harder to stay up late...)

What a great question to ponder! In a similar line, I wonder what new "computers" and their "files" will look like in about 500 years...without any particular lengthy thought or scientific rhyme/reason: I'd like to imagine one day the people of the future will be using Mysterious Floating Technology Spheres as their computers that blast images straight to your brain via touch. Impractical and unlikely? Maybe. Whimsical and chaotic? Yes.

Status Cafe Profile
Darmodej

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022 @966.01 »

YES
i love medieval bestiaries
especially the crazier critters like dog-faced men, donkey centaur or the flammable diarrhea beast
or real animals' characteristics like how bears are born blobs that are licked into shape by their mothers or goat's blood dissolving diamond

ano, ja jsem on
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Nightfall City

Started by m15oBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1031
Last post February 25, 2022 @759.42
by m15o
AI Art?? (Nightcafe)

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1490
Last post May 30, 2022 @863.72
by Dojidave
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3181
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi