Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @339.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net  (Read 2056 times)
ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Webmistress of Cybergrunge.net - Futa - she/her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: February 06, 2022 @594.46 »

Hello folks.

I have been working for the past two years or so on a website for hosting music!
I present to you, https://cybergrunge.net !

We have a radio station, over 160 albums uploaded already, and anyone is welcome to add their music :smile:
The upload process is a bit arcane right now but i am working on a way to make it easier

A lot of the music is friends of mine and friends of their friends etc. There is a lot of variety
I mainly know artists that do breakcore, noise music, experimental electronic music,
but there is also post-punk, rap, edm, all kinds of other genres on the site.

I get away with this because my host, ionos, doesn't limit my data storage :cool:
They do limit the NUMBER of files i can have though to a little under a million, but i'll work around that later

Always trying to improve this site, it is my labor of love :loved:
If you have any feedback or ideas to improve it let me know,
you can also sign up for an account to subscribe to the newsletter we put out.

but most of all share music you make! or let musician friends know about it!

== Official WebMistress of Cybergrunge.net ==
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022 @619.25 »

This is intense! But a really impressive project :omg:

I did run into a few UI issues, mainly; if you click on an artist there's no way to go back (one time I clicked on an artist and it took me to your homepage I think?), also when you click on artists, the page loads a black screen and you have to scroll up to see the albums. I think adding a home button for the Cybergrunge releases window would fix a lot of that (maybe turn the X button on windows into a home/reset button)

Also a button to download albums as a zip would be handy (for those of us who use mp3 players!)

The radio is super handy for discovery though, I might figure out a way to make it an alternative option to the yesterweb radio on this forum!

The upload process is fine, BUT I tried to upload the Ozwomp is Arriving soundtrack, but for some reason the album artwork failed to upload and I cant figure out any way to reupload it (Or manage my albums?)? https://cybergrunge.net/router.php?/kunden/homepages/36/d821092245/htdocs/Artists/Melonking/Ozwomp%20is%20Arriving%20(Soundtrack)/Default.htm

Anyway Im sure its all stuff you'll figure out, I will keep an eye on this :cheesy:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022 @814.87 »

i love this project and will keep my eye on it for sure! :-) i'm checking out the radio as i type this and i can hear some moonlight densetsu :grin:

some of your fav recent releases? what do you hope this project will look like in the future?

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022 @823.02 »

thank u so much! i love the music!!! :loved: very honored to have it on the site! i love what u are doing so much!!!

tried to upload the Ozwomp is Arriving soundtrack, but for some reason the album artwork failed to upload and I cant figure out any way to reupload it

you should be able to revisit custom_upload.php and manually enter the same album title and artist name and include the art and a duplicate of any track. (duplicates just replace what exists, and album art is always the most recently uploaded image file that gets glob()'d ) if that doesnt work i can manually fix it

button to download albums as a zip would be handy
I JUST found out recently that you can zip files using php and this will be implemented soon!!

might figure out a way to make it an alternative option to the yesterweb radio on this forum!
Cybergrunge X YesterwebRadio integration is in the works :evil: :evil: :evil:

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022 @827.16 »

I did run into a few UI issues, mainly; if you click on an artist there's no way to go back (one time I clicked on an artist and it took me to your homepage I think?), also when you click on artists, the page loads a black screen and you have to scroll up to see the albums. I think adding a home button for the Cybergrunge releases window would fix a lot of that (maybe turn the X button on windows into a home/reset button)
Thank u! i am looking for other folks to help out because it is def a big project. i found someone on yesterweb disc0rd who is interested in helping out. its definitely a lot me on my own tho cause im a disabled NEET with too much free time :tongue: CGRU.net is looking for freelancers to do paid$ work/help with the site. i def want to give back 2 the community

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022 @43.24 »

you should be able to revisit custom_upload.php and manually enter the same album title and artist name and include the art and a duplicate of any track. (duplicates just replace what exists, and album art is always the most recently uploaded image file that gets glob()'d ) if that doesnt work i can manually fix it

Hmm, I tried uploading it a few times, I tried different file names and file types (jpg and png) it still says no artwork each time :'( Ill attach the image I'm using, maybe you can figure out whats wrong with it!

* oz-album-art.jpg (65.53 kB, 512x512 - viewed 163 times.)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dokodemo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022 @896.47 »

OOOOH ive been looking for a place to host my music somewhere that's not bandcamp or soundcloud, because theyre so centralized and soundcloud specifically limits the amount of uploads you can have. ive been looking for a spot where I could host my music with a direct link to the file so i could embed it on my site.. i noticed cybergrunge has direct links to the files, but for some reason those links wont work for me x_x not clue if its just incompatable with some plugin i have installed on my browser, or if somethings funky with it.
other than that, it looks great! ill definitely bookmark this so i can check out some cool artists later :ozwomp:
though i do have some suggestions, the hover effects for some buttons and links are a little off-putting with the way the border grows in size tends to shift the surrounding contents around. i luhhhv the older cluttered aesthetic of the site and i can tell that it was purposeful, but those hover effects are a little off-putting as i said.

im a disabled NEET with too much free time
also i relate to this haha, same's for me (x0x)/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022 @899.86 by dokodemo » Logged

A hungry Shinx appears!

ellievoyyd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022 @110.05 »

u should be able to just right click on the track to copy the link to it? maybe my site doesnt allow hotlinking, if so im not sure how to change that unfortunately

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 244
Views: 20897
Last post April 18, 2024 @791.28
by formadscience
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5442
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
Ultimate Freeware List of Excellence

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 2216
Last post January 14, 2022 @865.94
by Obspogon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi