Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @594.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Ko-fi Club

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ko-fi Club  (Read 2562 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: February 06, 2022 @979.02 »

*~~~ Ko-fi Club ~~~*

Update: Thanks for the interest and submissions, however it seems like we dont have enough people interested in the Ko-fi Club right now for it to make sense, so Im putting this idea on hold. If you still wanna join, post below anyway and if enough people do we can think about starting this up again!

Hello! This is an idea Iv been thinking up for a little while and figured I'd post it here to see how people react!

The Ko-fi Club is an honor-system crowd fund for small sites and indie projects. The idea is simple; at the start of each month a random club member is selected; everyone in the club is encouraged to make a donation to that member; then the next month someone else who has not been selected before will be picked until everyone has been selected once; then it starts over.

In short, you promise to make a donation to one site a month, and in return you will also be selected to receive donations later on too!

Now, I know this wont cover anyones site costs full time or fund a project, but its nice to receive donations; this is about encouraging peoples work and also encouraging people to more actively donate to indie projects. I think one of the hardest parts of spending time on a hobby or small project is that it can often feel trivial or not serious, receiving a donation is a good way to make people feel valued and their work seem real :cheesy:

General rules to join the club:
  • You must have a small indie project that is not your primary income source
  • You promise to make a donation of $1 or more to the selected site each month (Remember that's only $12 a year, you can manage that!)
  • You can only join the club once!
  • You must provide a Ko-fi donation link or a Paypal donate link

Even if you don't want to join the club to receive donations I would still encourage you to follow along and donate, this is about supporting indie projects! Post below if you plan to make donations :happy:

How to join: Post below!
Link your site or project link:
Link your donation page:
(Ill send you a pm to confirm that you've been added to the members list)

How to leave:
Just send me a pm at any time and I'll scratch your name from the list. However if you have been selected for donations before, please consider continuing to donate to support the people who supported you!

Further comments?
If you have alternative thoughts or suggestions please say so below, this is a new idea, so its open to alterations and debates, if any changes are made I will make sure everyone who has joined knows about it before the first site draw.

Selected Site: On Hold until further notice :notgood:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022 @795.79 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022 @996.88 »

I love this idea!

Link your site or project link: https://cobradile.neocities.org/
Link your donation page: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=EJ97PTKVJASBA

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022 @298.34 »

~Aaahhh Melon here, Im sorry I edited your post instead of quoting it! Can you rewrite this please!~
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022 @468.10 by Melooon » Logged

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022 @468.72 »

To answer nights question on what happens if someone wants to leave the club:
This is a good question, I added a section to answer it, but in short, there are no strings, you can leave at any time.

ALSO unrelated but worth mentioning, I wont be joining with my site (at the start anyway) as that might be a conflict of interest (It would look a bit silly if my site was selected first :tongue: ) but I will be donating to each draw!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dokodemo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022 @889.18 »

I absolutely love this idea and I'd be very opened to join, however I don't have a job currently so I haven't had much money in my bank. But I'll be sure to join whenever I do have money to spare :omg:k:

A hungry Shinx appears!

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022 @733.23 »

I love this idea Melon! Above all, I love the idea of being able to donate to cool projects/websites.
Well, I'm in. :happy:

Site: https://status.cafe
Donation page: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/m15o

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022 @537.36 »

Hi, just a general update about this, I'm putting the idea on hold for now as only 2 people joined. Maybe the time is too soon, but I think day of the Coffee Club will come!

abacus
Newbie ⚓︎

uifi_osos_wizard

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022 @295.44 »

I would love to help out! :transport:

excelsior! ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
TYOMA !!
Casual Poster ⚓︎

all play and no work!

iMood: helianthuspetal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023 @961.82 »

I'm interested in this too!!  :unite:

now, we're not insane, we're just pretending... 'least i think we are...
well, who really cares that much anyway?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

jiangshi's ☆FUTURE BASS☆ club

Started by fterlyfeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 1362
Last post November 18, 2021 @611.18
by fterlyfe
The Video Game Club

Started by demonologiBoard ⁉︎ Community Events!

Replies: 15
Views: 3338
Last post December 14, 2023 @967.79
by Biggus
MelonLand Surf Club (webring) - Now Live

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 2377
Last post January 07, 2024 @4.56
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi