Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @980.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  How to increase site views

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to increase site views  (Read 2226 times)
Xx halfempty xX

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: February 13, 2022 @347.04 »

Hi, Its ralf, I've been noticing a huge decline on my views, it used to bee 1000 clicks per post, and now, it has waned to 100-500 views, but at the same time, its also the most prosperous era of my blog, with double digit views happening every single day.

i dont know if im at my most stable point in my blog's history, or whether im fading into obscurity, and if i am falling into darkness, any tips on how to revitalize it?
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022 @796.47 »

I'd advise you not be worried about popularity (Unless of course this blog is your job)

I honestly don't care about how many views my page gets, or personal posts online. I used to be very stressed over my popularity on Twitter or other social media, but since I quit them, I've been feeling a lot calmer and happier.

So don't worry about it, just make what you want, and share with friends.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022 @919.51 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
aoeu
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: aoeu
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022 @829.36 »

I second what Cobra! says.

Metrics and views are stressful. A vast majority of the outside world is stressful. Working on something with the idea of pleasing someone else is stressful, and it will never stop being stressful until you learn to stop focusing on what everyone else wants from you.

By focusing on what you want with your webpage and not what the greater community of the internet wants, you're moving the priorities away from pleasing others whilst moving the focus onto what you want to accomplish for yourself.

Motivation is the key to the success of your webpage, and what's more motivating than simply focusing on what you want out of your webpage?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023 @37.20 by aoeu » Logged
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022 @374.47 »

I'll just add that I fully agree with aoeu and Cobra!

Ask yourself: are you enjoying building your website?

If the answer is yes: don't worry about the views. Keep on building and having fun. What matters is that you are doing something constructive that you like.

If the answer is no: why are you building your website?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022 @668.65 »

I agree with everyone above, but I'm gonna play the devils advocate! Lets assume you want views at all costs, how do you do it? :evil:

Firstly, why do views matter? Well views only matter if you have ads to profit from them, or some other value your getting from the views. So if you plan to get a lot of views, setup ads or sell stuff! (Remember this means your site is really about selling and not about you)

Next, get a good metrics system like GoatCounter, this will tell you info about your views and where your traffic is coming from. Its important to understand that there are bad views and good views. Bad views come from bots and are not worth much, good views are real people who visit your site.

Once all that it setup you should know, why you want views, and where most of your views are currently coming from.

Now, how to actually get more views:
1. If your on neocities, just spam follow everyone, I mean everyone! Follow like 50 people a day, if even 1/4 follow you back you'll still get dozens of followers. Followers = Font Page = Views. If your not on neocities, see if there is a similar system you can use on your platform.

2. Spam your content across social media, reddit and twitter are prob the best for getting quick views. Make something funny like a page that shouts the word "Blasphemy" when you click a duck and share it everywhere. Remember though, social media views are temporary so find a way to hook your visitors in, get them to sign up to a newsletter or follow your tiktoc.

3. Link back link back link back, get people to link back to you. The best way to get links is to make a service that people link too, like a webring, or some sort of site content generator.

4. Get in with Google. Make sure your site fits the google standard and buy google adwords to improve your search ranking. This works best for particular topics, so if your site has a lot about Petz, buy words that people who are into Petz are into and make sure your site is always first on search results.

5. Make your site easy to access, make it work across all devices, don't have a landing page (those just scare people away). Make sure that every good view you get stays on your site as long as possible, employ infinity scrolling content etc to do this.

I think if you do all that you willll get a lot of views, but I think you'll prob have lost a lot along the way. Some of it I actually do recommend you do in moderation, get GoatCounter, follow a few people, share your best pages on social media. Just remember that unless you have a reason to need more views, there is not much point worrying about them, also remember that in the real world, views come and go, some times of the year people will be online more, other times less so, its always different.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022 @670.31 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022 @907.94 »

What about using some keywords in the head of your website code?
Like this:
<meta name="keywords" content="Website, HTML, Design, Cats">

I've heard, that search engines look for these keywords to get an idea of the contents of the website.
Or is that info too old and search engines don't do that at all? Probably some people will stumble across random sites by slamming some words in their search engine.

Pull more interest on your site... what about leaving comments on one of the many wordpress blogs? You can make your nickname appear as a link to your webpage. But in a honest way! Not as an advertisement. People who like sites that you like might get to you too. These wordpress comments quite often show some more hidden sides.
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022 @781.05 »

Or you could simply add a new entry to your blog once in a while to keep people coming back for more.

Web design is my passion!

BradE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022 @929.35 »

What about using some keywords in the head of your website code?
Like this:
<meta name="keywords" content="Website, HTML, Design, Cats">

I've heard, that search engines look for these keywords to get an idea of the contents of the website.
Or is that info too old and search engines don't do that at all? Probably some people will stumble across random sites by slamming some words in their search engine.

Pull more interest on your site... what about leaving comments on one of the many wordpress blogs? You can make your nickname appear as a link to your webpage. But in a honest way! Not as an advertisement. People who like sites that you like might get to you too. These wordpress comments quite often show some more hidden sides.

The Keywords meta tag is pretty much ignored by search engines. The ":grin:escription" meta is also pretty much ignored, BUT it might be of help on a web page that has little or no text. (ie. a blank landing index page that only says "Click here to enter":wink:. However if a web page has plenty of text the description meta tag may be ignored.

I hope that helps.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1923
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5779
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4354
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi