Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2022, 01:50:40 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 18/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: We have new forum categories :-O

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Workshop Zone
| |-+  Website Making
| | |-+  Does anyone have personal website pet peeves?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Does anyone have personal website pet peeves?  (Read 860 times)
Karius

He/they

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 04:13:14 pm »

Oh a big one I thought though of; scrolling badge sections! Where people have their site badges in a marquee, so you have to sit there and wait in order to see all the sites badges they have. I think that's really disrespectful because it makes it so much harder for people to see the badges; its a bit like saying "I don't really care about these badges I just have them as decoration"

Oof, gotta agree with this one. Especially if they get faster as you hover... like, what's the point of having buttons anymore?!

Eldridge_Jameson

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2022, 05:43:26 pm »

Websites that almost exclusively bright graphics for everything is bad for when I'm viewing it at night

I'm kind of the opposite- bright and calm aesthetics are fine, but if a site has super dark graphics exclusively, it bums me out.

Quick flashing lights bother me, as well; I'm not seizure-prone, but it just strains my eyes. I can stare at a white screen on my 90-brightness monitor all day, but if it started flashing between white and light grey, I'm out.
Kitchen Staff

He/they/glitch Happy Pride Month!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: KitchenStaff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 01:29:36 am »

A list of pet peeves that I have
  • When they have their ENTIRE blinkie/stamp/button collection on the homepage.Just makes it look cluttered.
  • When there are images over text.It makes it hard to read.
  • When the text and the background look like they're merging together

creaturefeature

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2022, 10:42:16 pm »

Mine is Autoplay...

It can get kind of annoying when I´m listening to music/podcast and then I open this site and it blares music.

Like just make it optional. you don´t need autoplay.

Pepyogurt

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 11:36:55 am »

Mine is Autoplay...

It can get kind of annoying when I´m listening to music/podcast and then I open this site and it blares music.

Like just make it optional. you don´t need autoplay.

As a Firefox user, there's an additional annoyance when it comes to this sort of thing. Firefox has a feature that automatically disables things like autoplay, so when a site suddenly starts playing music when I haven't allowed it to, it throws me into a bit of confusion.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!