Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @442.45 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  HELLO

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 1807 times)
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: March 17, 2022 @76.59 »

Howdy. PAINTKILLER here. Been online since the internet was first made available to regular folks. Before, actually, as I spent sleepless nights in the school computer lab. Stumbled onto Neocities a couple months back. Been loving the freefall back into the old web and distancing myself further and further from modern internet bullshit.

I bought a van I plan to build out into a custom home on wheels. Artist. Part time producer. Single father (barely, both my kids are grown and only one of them still lives with me). I have chihuahua I love more than most people. I like to write, as well, and am gearing up to write a book. Other than that, I live for music and weird films/tv/books. And losing hours on random websites.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022 @111.23 »

Hi Paint! :ha: Welcome to the forum, hopefully you enjoy your stay ~~~

A van huh? Iv often considered going the tiny home rout, but Id really have to learn to drive first.. these self driving cars were supposed to be here by now!
ANYWAY I suppose websites are always a good way to waste hours, its surly better to waste them on cool indie sites instead of facebook though :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022 @119.02 »

Hi Paint! :ha: Welcome to the forum, hopefully you enjoy your stay ~~~

Already am. I have missed forums sooooo much over the last decade. Very glad to have stumbled my way here. :smile:

its surly better to waste them on cool indie sites instead of facebook though :grin:

Thanks for putting this place together! :cheesy:
Karius
Casual Poster

He/they

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022 @326.60 »

Heyo, Paint! It's really cool to meet someone who was actually there for ye olde web- and hey, glad you can sort of relive it through Neocities! :ha:

A home on wheels sounds like a dream come true BTW. Good luck on your book project!

- Alastor

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022 @821.24 »

Welcome! Your site looks so cool. The GIF on the side with the dripping pixel paint is mesmerizing

Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022 @943.61 »

Hi, welcome! Sick website, been poking around it a bit. I have to say, I'm fascinated by very early Internet stuff-- the $10 an hour era-- and I'd love to hear about what that was like when you were online on your campus. The kinds of stuff you had access to, what other students were using it for, and so on. Do you already have a journal about that? If not, it's definitely something I'd read!

PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022 @138.36 »

Good luck on your book project!

- Alastor

Thanks so much!
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022 @138.90 »

The GIF on the side with the dripping pixel paint is mesmerizing

Thanks so much for the comment on that, I spent waaay too much time making it, so I'm glad people dig it - I do!
PAINTKILLER
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022 @142.15 »

I'd love to hear about what that was like when you were online on your campus. The kinds of stuff you had access to, what other students were using it for, and so on. Do you already have a journal about that? If not, it's definitely something I'd read!

I don't really have a journal about the early web days, no. I really should tho! Something to consider...

On campus it was me and a couple other nerds on Telnet chatting with random strangers. PowWow client was big, too - used that a lot at home, initially, as well. We didn't really know what we were doing, we just didn't have computers and internet at home (yet) and played around with ASCII art, IRC, making GIFs. We didn't really know how good we had it having access to that stuff at the time and we sure didn't know what we were doing with it. It got real when we could internet at home though. I was a teenager and my mom took me downtown to get the modem and software and she drove around the block over and again because it was downtown and there wasn't any parking. Eventually I returned and went home and set it up. I remember having to explain Windows to my mom, she thought - somehow - it would be like actual building windows looking into things lol. That first modem squelch was amazing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi