Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2022, 01:30:17 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 18/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: We have new forum categories :-O

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Community Zone
| |-+  Forum Discussion
| | |-+  Your thoughts on the forum categories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your thoughts on the forum categories?  (Read 1046 times)
Cobra!

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2022, 05:53:15 pm »

I was thinking that a category for movies and TV in general, and one for tech would be good?

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2022, 06:28:46 pm »

I was thinking that a category for movies and TV in general, and one for tech would be good?

Your defo right, we are missing a few, and I'm not 100000% sure which ones exactly.

Other things I'm thinking about:
Podcasts - But that should not be a whole category?
Craft Projects - Not quite art but sorta art

Maybe we need like a general interests discussion channel that's a catch all for things that don't fit other places.

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 01:00:06 pm »

Ok buckatuckles! Its that time of the month again for some forum work! Here's what I have in mind, let me know what you think below!

1. - Removing the Karma System.. I don't think it really is needed here and I see it getting used less and less.

2. Forum categories:
 - Rename Community Discussion to Forum Discussion and make it dedicated to forum matters.
 - Rename Graphic Design to Workshop General and move it to the workshop section.
 - Add a new board called Clubs and Cliques - Dedicated to organising clubs, webrings and groups.
 - Add a new board called Writers Corner - Dedicated to journaling, blog writing, creative writing and writers tips.
 - Add a new board called Life on the Web - Dedicated to discussing matters of daily life online (Some old Internet Discussion topics may be moved here)

Possibly remove the old Internet Discussion archive form the forum?? It annoys me that its just sitting there..
Try and update the YouTube plugin!
Ughh so long story I did stuff that makes it really hard to update anything and we will have to recon with that some day  \o/

EDIT: If you have new categories or boards or changes to existing boards you'd like to discuss/suggest please do comment them below and give some context of why you think they are needed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:54:03 pm by Melooon » Logged

Icelogist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 04:41:21 pm »

1. - Removing the Karma System.. I don't think it really is needed here and I see it getting used less and less.

I can agree with that, it's only useful if the forum where to have a few bad actors or a botting problem. Since the forum is small it's kinda useless.

You don't lose when you lose, you lose when you quit.
neoratz

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny...

iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 09:54:38 pm »

i can totally get this, but i am wondering... is there any way to add a "like system" for posts? i like giving people a thumbs up when i like what they said but don't have anything substantial to add \o/

- Rename Community Discussion to Forum Discussion and make it dedicated to forum matters.
 - Add a new board called Life on the Web - Dedicated to discussing matters of daily life online (Some old Internet Discussion topics may be moved here)
i really like this! will Life on the Web be the new place to have discussions relating to the web-revival community?

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 10:02:10 pm »

is there any way to add a "like system" for posts?
So thats actually what I wanted when I added the karma system, but I could not find a better way to do it  :C I will keep looking for a way to do this!

will Life on the Web be the new place to have discussions relating to the web-revival community?
Yep thats the idea, also a space to talk about things like tips for getting away from social media, e-mail tips?? etc

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!