Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @293.16 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Plastic Canvas Fursuit Heads

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Plastic Canvas Fursuit Heads  (Read 285 times)
OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 10, 2024 @294.83 »

I've been looking into plastic canvas fursuit heads as of late. I remember when I first got into the fandom (2010) they were a semi-popular building technique, but nowadays seem to ha e fallen out of favor in way for some more comfortable building techniques.

Despite that, I think I actually really want to try to make a fursuit using this building technique. Sort of like historical sewing. Except instead of making a cool waistcoat I am making a dumpy animal head :P

I have an Eevee character named ".Com" who I would LOVE to use this technique to make a head for! That character is supposed to embody the late 2000's - early '10's vibe, so I think the building technique would fit him :D

Question though: have any of you ever either tried to make a fursuit using this technique, or had a head that was made with it? How was it like wearing it? How long did it last? I'm looking to use a few techniques that'll hopefully help it last longer, but I'm curious to know y'alls experience with the construction style!

Rico
Newbie ⚓︎

*screaming* *kazoos*

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024 @166.05 »

I used to have a fursuit made of that material!! I kinda miss those days. My advice is - Remember that once you put the foam on top of the plastic canvas skeleton, it will become bigger... so maybe make your plastic base a bit smaller than you think you'd need. Best of luck to you!  :4u:

FEED SPARKLEDOGTCHI
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Progressive Rock Heads here?

Started by ThunderPerfectWitchcraftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 317
Last post November 21, 2023 @992.35
by villiersterrace
glass beach - plastic death

Started by skullmadeofplasticBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 1
Views: 201
Last post January 20, 2024 @35.09
by Dibs

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi