Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @307.65 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 56/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which one(s)?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which one(s)?  (Read 3492 times)
Karius
Casual Poster

He/they

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 01, 2022 @849.31 »

I've been meaning to get into podcasts for a while, though I'm really only listening to one right now. I was wondering, what kinds of podcasts do you guys like?

The podcast I'm listening to is called "Lovin' Learnin' About Bugs"- it's all about creepy crawlers, and it's so fun and informative! I recommend it if you like bugs :cheesy:

- Alastor

Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022 @950.21 »

I actually list some on my site but I also listen to a lot more

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Karius
Casual Poster

He/they

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022 @523.77 »

I actually list some on my site but I also listen to a lot more

Okay, so these actually sound right up my alley. I adore media analysis, ahah. Thank you for the suggestions!

- Alastor

Darmodej

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022 @922.21 »

nah, i can barely even pay attention to uni lectures lol
id rather read the transcript if it has one

ano, ja jsem on
Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022 @568.40 »

Oh! I listen to a bunch!

• The Create Unknown - A podcast about creating things on the internet/youtube. They have cool guests and topics and has been the latest one that I have discovered.
  • No Dogs in Space - A music history podcast that goes super in depth about the history and of specific bands. The first season is about punk rock bands and they are now moving on into other genera's.
  • Know Your Enemy - A political podcast about the right and their politics and belief systems.
  • Cortex - A podcast about two dudes who work and how they manage that.
  • Random Number Generator Horror Podcast No. 9 - A podcast where they watch a horror movie each week and discuss it. From the same people that made 'Welcome to Nightvale'.
  • Lions Led By Donkeys Podcast - A history podcast about war and conflict and how stupid and miserable it is.
  • ALAB Series - A law podcast featuring a gang of lawyers ripping into stupid law stuff. I highly reccomend this one since its both very funny and informative.

Karius
Casual Poster

He/they

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022 @653.75 »

Oh! I listen to a bunch!

• The Create Unknown - A podcast about creating things on the internet/youtube. They have cool guests and topics and has been the latest one that I have discovered.
  • No Dogs in Space - A music history podcast that goes super in depth about the history and of specific bands. The first season is about punk rock bands and they are now moving on into other genera's.
  • Know Your Enemy - A political podcast about the right and their politics and belief systems.
  • Cortex - A podcast about two dudes who work and how they manage that.
  • Random Number Generator Horror Podcast No. 9 - A podcast where they watch a horror movie each week and discuss it. From the same people that made 'Welcome to Nightvale'.
  • Lions Led By Donkeys Podcast - A history podcast about war and conflict and how stupid and miserable it is.
  • ALAB Series - A law podcast featuring a gang of lawyers ripping into stupid law stuff. I highly reccomend this one since its both very funny and informative.

These sound really cool! I definitely need to check out Know Your Enemy The Create Unknown, they sound like my kind of thing!

- Danny

Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022 @976.06 »

My old truck (RIP) only had a radio and a broken cassette deck, so back when I was driving that, I'd listen to a lot of NPR on the radio. My favorite program by far was Radiolab. It's a heavily-produced documentary-style show, and most of the episodes are exploring some kind of pop-sci topic. The presentation is phenomenal though; they manage to get you really invested in topics you ordinarily wouldn't give a second thought. I haven't listened in a while though, and I guess the main hosts left, so the show is on hiatus... but there's a lot of really interesting stuff in the back catalog!

CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022 @683.24 »

I have a few I listen to!

Distractible - The Distractible podcast with Mark Fischbach, Wade Barnes, and Bob Muyskens is a space to have thoughtful discussions about funny, out there, or otherwise interesting stories from everyday life. Also an opportunity for three friends to remind each other they are not as smart as they think. (these guys are hilarious, highly recommend!)

GO! My Favorite Sports Team - For sports megafans and novices alike. Whether you’re glued to ESPN 24/7, or you don’t know the difference between a goal and a touchdown (points?!), this show will have something for everyone. Mark Fischbach (Markiplier) and Tyler Scheid are the sports commentators you didn't know you needed on "Go! My Favorite Sports Team." (way more interesting than you'd think from a non-sports-fan point of view)

The Purple Stuff Podcast - Jay (from Sludge Central) and Matt (from Dinosaur Dracula and X-Entertainment) talk about toys, junk food, the holidays, movies and retro geek stuff. Sometimes a weird robot joins in. (fun nostalgia nonsense!)

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022 @3.25 »

i sort of stopped listening to podcasts but one i did listen to was the art and labor podcast ! oh and of course the yesterweb podcast :4u:

xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2022 @592.96 »

I've been re-listening to The Adventure Zone recently, but Wolf 359 is one I'd really recommend if you like story podcasts

creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022 @925.57 »

I´ve been listening again to King Falls AM.

There is also the Magnus Archives, and thanks to the Dracula Daily mailing list i´ve discovered the Murray Mysteries

LimeAngelMudzy

i like games and music :-3

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022 @147.22 »

im not really a podcast guy but kurtis conner's 'very really good' podcast is really good

syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022 @980.88 »

I don't listen to them very often, but I mostly listen to true crime ones. You can find a sleuth of them on Spotify. I listen to Sad Boyz by Jarvis Johnson and Jordan Adika, along with Kurtis Conner's Very Really Good. I wanted to be an Animator in middle school so I started to listen to this one animation history podcast on Spotify.

POOP" width="500" height="50
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2022 @759.86 »

I have listened a bit to a linguistics podcast called Lingthusiasm. It was quite fun but I don't have/use Spotify anymore :O
awawa
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2022 @576.97 »

I like listening to How I made this, cartalk, and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.
I don't have any desire to fix my car by myself but it's pretty interesting to listen to as background during a car ride.

)
    )   (    )
  (           (
     _.---._
 .-'/\_/\  ~~`-. _.------------.
(  ( "v" )  ~ ~ )-.___________.'
|`-._  ~ ~  _.-'|
|    `"""""'    |
|               |
|               |
 `-._       _.-'   
     `"""""'
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what are you listening to right now?

Started by ArbyBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 275
Views: 21127
Last post March 26, 2024 @943.85
by lilac
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 55
Views: 5210
Last post April 10, 2024 @574.35
by Misanthropic Monster™
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 48
Views: 3836
Last post April 11, 2024 @823.52
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi