Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @375.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 49/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Neocities on Polygon!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neocities on Polygon!  (Read 1896 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: April 22, 2022 @521.08 »

I just noticed this when I was trying to figure out why I was getting some erratic views, but Neocities is on Polygon right now and a few sites have been mentioned (Including me :ozwomp:). Oooph as a game designer even being mentioned there is super exciting! Anyway you might enjoy the article!

https://www.polygon.com/23024357/neocities-social-media-alternative

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022 @752.84 »

it gave me a lot of sites to check out

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022 @999.99 »

I wanted to share the article here but you beat me to it! I'm always excited to see neocities in the news but this was even better - i recognized so many of the sites! :O i bet you could start a CV of articles citing melonking.net :melon: that aside, i thought this was a good brief intro to neocities for the uninitiated!

pleb-hates-the-modern-web
Casual Poster

is this thing on?

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022 @805.37 »

aaaa that's so cool! i wonder if we'll see some new friends on the forum here from polygon! :omg:
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022 @736.25 »

Wow! It’s nice to have the small web acknowledged by people in the tech and internet industry once in a while! It’s no wonder why I have hope for the futures of many online communities to come…

Web design is my passion!

BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023 @464.02 »

That's so cool! :ozwomp: I'll be definitely checking out the sites mentioned in the article (the ones I wasn't already familiar with anyway)

Boots (it/he)

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023 @990.14 »

A bit of an update: it's not just Polygon that's talking about NeoCities: TechSpot's talking about it too! I feel like this could be the start of something big if TWO sites are talking about it...

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023 @21.92 »

This happening while social media is downward spiralling more than usual... Could convince some people to join this side of the web. Which is pretty exciting!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023 @130.54 »

I'm not sure how to feel about it. In one hand this means we could get more people making sites and interacting with others in a more personal way. On the other hand it could attract 'problematic' people. To me there's something more special about interacting with someone who found a site or chatroom on their own instead of going to it after reading about it.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2023 @827.12 »

It's great to see neocities promoted - There is a quote from a Kyle Drake interview that says "Thoughtful people tend to be better contributors" and I think that's how Neocities has remained such a unique (and generally positive) space even though its seen enormous growth- making a site is hard work, and you don't do hard work unless it's towards something your really proud of - I want the world to see these sites that everyone is so proud of  :grin:

HOWEVER; I must point out one major complaint about that TechSpot article; they are not crediting the sites they have screenshotted- that's really really not ok - sites are not content of neocities, they are independent spaces and they should be treated as such  :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I need help with neocities

Started by Kane VirkutisBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1304
Last post February 25, 2022 @609.50
by Melooon
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 3
Views: 1748
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Help: how to change which html file appears as my thumbnail on neocities

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 947
Last post August 15, 2022 @39.04
by DJoftheCoven

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi