Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @377.73 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Nice to meet you all!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nice to meet you all!  (Read 1536 times)
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: April 23, 2022 @311.66 »

Hello!! :ha:

You can call me either Daro or Alannah. I'm an artist who makes comics and video games! I've been wanting to try making a neocities site to host a sort of art blog - both as an archive of my art and as a diary of thoughts and explorations I'm making! No social media sites I've found really do what I want when it comes to archiving my work outside of my portfolio, so I figure why not make what I want? Hmm as for other interests... I'm pretty into fishkeeping! Right now I only have one tank set up - a 10 gallon betta tank - but I also just started setting up a new 25 gallon I want to put honey gouramis and otocinclus in!

I found this forum while exploring around other neocities sites. I don't know much about programming other than a little bit of basic html taught to me in high school, so I'm excited to learn! I'm also excited to see what everyone else is up to here, since it seems like there are a lot of other people who make games! (I've participated in 2 game jams so far as an artist, you can see the resulting games here: https://wodaro.itch.i:ha:smile:

Delighted to make your acquaintance! :4u:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022 @603.85 »

Hi Daro, welcome to the forum! :cheesy:

Oo, I secretly wanna make an online fish tank game, its been on my mind for a while :ozwomp: You right about social media sites, I think they are fine if you have a product to push; but personal sites are much better if you wanna step back and make something slower, more lasting and peaceful.

Cool art and games! I tried CHONDRIATIC but I sorta got stuck in the mirror.. anyway it has a vibe! I look forward to hearing more about your work! Whats your biggest inspiration?

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* If you're new to website making this is a good first tutorial!
* If you're interested in making 3D worlds check out this thread!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here first!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum on your site and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022 @797.05 »

Ah yes the mirror glitch is quite common >.< If you're curious someone made a video on youtube going thru both of the endings:

Ooh yes I've actually been looking into 3D modelling because I want to make cute lil low-poly models of fish... I just think they're so cute!! I would love to make a game that focuses on marine life. Hmm for inspirations... video-game wise We Know The Devil (https://pillowfight.itch.i:ha:we-know-the-devil) is my #1 for sure. I was 17 when it came out and it really was earth-shattering stuff for teenage me growing up as a closeted lesbian in a Baptist household. Other games I really love are Night in The Woods, Disco Elysium, and NieR: Automata. For comics I'm really inspired by the work of Michael DeForge, Inio Asano, and Emily Carroll. Also a billion little webcomics I read as a teen lol (Homestuck, Paranatural, Prague Race, etc.) Also anime of course (Revolutionary Girl Utena, Hunter x Hunter, Perfect Blue, The Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba, etc.) I tend to be drawn to stories with a lot of introspection! Especially ones that deal with religion/faith and queer themes. I've also been really into body horror lately.

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022 @994.16 »

Welcome! :ozwomp:

I got the bad ending on Chondriatic :sad: :sad:

your art for both games looks really pretty. I can't wait to see what you put on your website :cheesy:

wodaro
Full Member ⚓︎

I should be drawing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022 @572.91 »

your art for both games looks really pretty. I can't wait to see what you put on your website :cheesy:

Thank you!! :loved:

Your site is really stylish btw! I love it! I haven't explored all of it yet, but I like the quote section in your scrapbook. I also tend to collect quotes from things I like, so maybe I'll put some of them on my site somewhere too! I also love you including zines thru the EZMReader, I was aware of that tool but never thought to embed it in my website.

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022 @780.30 »

Your site is really stylish btw! I love it!

Thanks so much!

I also love you including zines thru the EZMReader, I was aware of that tool but never thought to embed it in my website.

It's a nice tool, I found out about it through the site Wasteland Imperiatrix. Thanks to that I found out itch.io is a big hub for zines; I had previously thought it was just used to host indie games such as yours!

worldenddomin8r

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022 @948.98 »

How fortunate. Another Revolutionary Girl Utena fan. I think we will be fast friends, considering your interests. I look forward to learning this stuff with you, Daro!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi