Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @481.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 21/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Recently I got a very old version of Game Maker (GameMaker 5)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recently I got a very old version of Game Maker (GameMaker 5)  (Read 1665 times)
easy_breezy

PonPon

iMood: hax_man

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: April 21, 2022 @40.12 »

Compared to the recent version I bought two years ago, this was a lot more basic and the only way to write actual code is to use the script editor as most of it was drag n' drop

I think this basic style was because this was targeted at a young audience in a time where resources on programming and game development weren't easy to obtain

The biggest thing going on right now with Game Maker is that it's switching to a monthly payment model, a far cry from this version of the engine which was freeware until 6.1.
I'm gonna see if I can make a game on here just to see how far I can push this thing.

I also tried to get RPG Maker but it was behind a product code, woops

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
ghost

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022 @732.18 »

It annoys me how many digital products are turning to a subscription model. I understand why for businesses it's a good idea, but I really wish we could just go back to the times where you bought a product for $100 and just owned it.
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022 @675.66 »

Maybe the OHRRPGCE would be for you? That engine will be free forever.

* Ohrrpgce.PNG (5.18 kB, 650x434 - viewed 147 times.)
easy_breezy

PonPon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022 @960.24 »

It annoys me how many digital products are turning to a subscription model. I understand why for businesses it's a good idea, but I really wish we could just go back to the times where you bought a product for $100 and just owned it.

It's a good thing we have free engines like Godot. Which is where everyone is fleeing too after the GameMaker price change

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022 @162.33 »

Maybe the OHRRPGCE would be for you? That engine will be free forever.
Jeez, I haven't thought about OHRRPGCE in forever. The Arfenhouse games...

easy_breezy

PonPon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022 @277.21 »

Same here. To this day, I still refuse to buy any software and only use free applications with most of them being open source.

(I actually pirated a video editing program, but between you and me we can keep it a secret... Sorry Melon.)

Yeah, never buy subscription software. Always a scam no matter what company sells it.

Freeware, open source, or one time paywalls are much better for long time use as it won't cost like $69.99 a month until the end of time.

Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022 @866.32 »

I remember a time when I was young when I went to a summer course that taught us how to make games using GameMaker! After completing the course I drew many assets to add to the game I made such as levels, enemies, bosses, and powerups. Sadly I haven't done anything about them..

Looking back now, the character designs were so basic that the character you played as was literally a ball with a face. If I ever were to remake the game now, then the redesigns would be drastically different!
:eyes:

Web design is my passion!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1697
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
chiptune maker!

Started by cinniBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 2052
Last post March 08, 2023 @308.04
by Gans
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1847
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi