Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @575.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  What did you accomplish today?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What did you accomplish today?  (Read 2185 times)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: May 11, 2022 @27.36 »

Today, I helped my mum plant carrots and peas in our backyard. I also redesigned the homepage for my portfolio site to make it more relevant and appealing.

What have you accomplished today?

:4u: :pc:

Web design is my passion!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022 @396.13 »

I wanted to start a blog, but it turns out the blogging software I wanted to use was written in 2005 but they never finished it so I had to finish it before I could start my blog :ziped:

I also had a really good serious chat with myself about how life’s going and how I’m feeling about things. I recommend trying that, it’s good (if a little harsh sometimes) :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022 @612.89 »

I finally booked a hotel for the first time and my partner and I are going to the beach this weekend!! I'm so excited I've never been on a trip alone (well, with my partner, but still) before... :blush:

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022 @771.74 »

I finished my university semester-long presentation on a language today!

My task was to introduce my peers to the morphosyntactic features of a language of my choosing. I chose a dying language called Tayap from Papua New Guinea, spoken by only like 45 people anymore. A linguist called Don Kulick lived among the people of their village (Gapun) on and off for thirty years to document this language and finally published all his findings in a huge book (A Grammar and Dictionary of Tayap) which is a great, great work honestly. I read the entire thing and I feel so connected to this language now in a way. super fascinating stuff!! :ozwomp:

One embarrassing thing though: I wanted to, while presenting the language, play sound snippets of the language so the people in my class could immerse themselves a bit more. But the only sound snippets (obviously recorded by the same guy that documented the language) are a closed source on a multi-university project that's like UNESCO associated. You can't listen to them, let alone play them for others, without explicit and written permission that gives you access. Super important people! But nonetheless I wrote them, asking for access on this obscure language's material.

A week later (tonight) I got a mail and it was a forwarded EMAIL THREAD of the guy from the project emailing the actual linguist behind it all (Don Kulick) asking for permission! And apparently it was so unlikely for me to be a simple student (I kept that part ambiguous and only said it was for a class) that the linguist assumed that I was a capital-P-Professor and constantly called me Prof. [last name]! :ozwomp:

I mean, I am super grateful, and I did get access, and I am only going to use it for the purposes I stated (for the class, once), but this was so embarrassing XD I am just a meek student, don't judge me lmao

I did do a little happy dance though once I got the mail, not gonna lie
tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022 @872.51 »

Had a good session with a patient today. I like being a (soon-to-be) therapist.

Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023 @814.62 »

I somehow managed to haul a discarded cardboard expository shelf (you know, the kind they make to promote and put products there to sell) in the shape of a giant pink soap dispenser AND taller than myself (and heavier than you'd expect from something made of cardboard) from the other side of town to my home, by myself, and carry it through a subway and a train.  :ozwomp:  (I'm EXHAUSTED tho  :drat: )

It was recently discarded and awaiting recycling / the garbage truck and brand new, no pet pee on it or anything. I found it too pretty and functional to deserve such a sad end. On my way, I got several bamboozled looks by the authorities (subway driver, receptionist, the fuzz) and amused ones by bystanders.  :ok:

Right now it sits near the entrance to my room. I'll rethink its position and then I'll put some of my favourite trinkets (including some gifts from my boyfriend  :transport: ) on it and wait for my mom's reaction when she sees it!  :tongue:

Cattafang
Casual Poster ⚓︎

“Gitcy: Is good for your spleen.” - Caddicarus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023 @58.21 »

I finished my site’s home page, did the dishes, and finally gave my car a good wash after procrastinating all winter. Car washing was a bit exhausting, but worth it in the end (and I reaaaaally should’ve done it sooner apparently as now I have a bit of mold eating into my car’s paint,,,,,)
Azure
Casual Poster ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023 @291.98 »

i worked on my website today! i scrapped the old design and decided to jump straight into a fresh one. it's looking good so far and i'm happy with it, even if i didn't get to do as much as i wanted! :cheesy:  :cheesy:
LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023 @688.69 »

I recently planet zinnias, marigolds, and cosmos with my grandma! They're blooming already!
I finished a commission and finished high school ^^ Now I'll update my site!
zj
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023 @440.45 »

I finally got all my style.css file properly set up!! I had been using inline css on every individual page for so long, so painfulll :') but no more! :D

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
ngoomie
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ngoomie

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023 @924.39 »

Successfully took the trash out by myself :dive:

Sounds minor but I have OCD which for me makes this very hard, so this is something I usually leave to others in the house

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023 @929.12 »

Successfully took the trash out by myself :dive:

Sounds minor but I have OCD which for me makes this very hard, so this is something I usually leave to others in the house

I have OCD too and it makes things like handling dirty laundry or washing dishes very very hard for me so I totally get it, congratulations :)

I actually washed a bunch of dishes Successfully for the first time very recently at work... It was difficult but having gloves always provided (and required!) makes it a lot less scary for me. It's also easier to "face the music" when it's explicitly required of me rather than a task someone else can handle eventually (we were closing that night and a little bit short staffed)... Also helps having a giant sink full of sanitation fluid  :ok:

ngoomie
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ngoomie

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023 @952.70 »

I have OCD too and it makes things like handling dirty laundry or washing dishes very very hard for me so I totally get it, congratulations :)

I actually washed a bunch of dishes Successfully for the first time very recently at work... It was difficult but having gloves always provided (and required!) makes it a lot less scary for me. It's also easier to "face the music" when it's explicitly required of me rather than a task someone else can handle eventually (we were closing that night and a little bit short staffed)... Also helps having a giant sink full of sanitation fluid  :ok:
Gloves were also what I needed to take out the trash. They help more than some people would think for OCD issues like this! :unite:

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023 @156.16 »

Gloves were also what I needed to take out the trash. They help more than some people would think for OCD issues like this! :unite:

Literally!! Being in a workplace where I'm always wearing gloves and there are always handwashing stations around is nice.

Also, my accomplishment for today is putting the laundry in the wash without needing help or without it being a huge issue for me! Yay progress  :cheesy:

grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023 @853.24 »

Today I kept my cool like a champ when my routine was changed  :4u: was supposed to be a relaxing quiet sunday, guess not, who's going to lose their mind about it?? not me!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 33
Views: 3058
Last post Today at @157.27
by nintendowii99
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5091
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3687
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi