Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @699.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  I found an intresting X-Files Fansite

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I found an intresting X-Files Fansite  (Read 1362 times)
easy_breezy

PonPon

iMood: hax_man

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: May 19, 2022 @204.53 »

I found this site while looking for screenshots to use in a drawing. This site hosts screenshots from various episodes of the show.

It looks to be from around 2015.

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022 @583.77 »

These are great. What a nice find. Are you into X-Files? I've tried watching it but I always give up... Maybe the first season is the type where you have to power through. Because the premise or concept of the show is so interesting. And that intro scared the hell out of me as a kid- which means I love it now!

Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022 @71.08 »

Man, that's a ridiculously comprehensive site. And those blu-ray shots look so good... I'm so used to seeing the show in SD I forget what a difference it is :grin:

I've tried watching it but I always give up...

I get that; the individual episodes are REALLY hit or miss. Different writers on most episodes, and yeah, that first season has some real stinkers. You can use a guide and skip the non-essential ("monster-of-the-week":wink: episodes if you want, or watch only the best ones out of the bunch. Overall, it's a good show! But I'd say it's sorta like watching a Star Trek series, where there's a whole lot of it, and it helps to have someone tell you what episodes are really good and which ones to skip.

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022 @527.97 »

Man, that's a ridiculously comprehensive site. And those blu-ray shots look so good... I'm so used to seeing the show in SD I forget what a difference it is :grin:

I've tried watching it but I always give up...

I get that; the individual episodes are REALLY hit or miss. Different writers on most episodes, and yeah, that first season has some real stinkers. You can use a guide and skip the non-essential ("monster-of-the-week":wink: episodes if you want, or watch only the best ones out of the bunch. Overall, it's a good show! But I'd say it's sorta like watching a Star Trek series, where there's a whole lot of it, and it helps to have someone tell you what episodes are really good and which ones to skip.

Episodes are written by different writers? That's so weird to me. And it explains a lot. With the hit-or-miss in mind, I could give it another shot. I really dig the aesthetic and their relationship evolutions really seems endearing to witness.

nsequeira119
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022 @156.98 »

Gosh, that's pretty new for an X-Files site, all things considered. I recently got into the X-Files and was astounded at just how far back the fanbase goes, how many inside jokes and references there are to it. It was one of the first shows to make use of and reference the Internet, and as a result there are a ton of old Usenet boards and the like dedicated to it.

I think, also, that the show has endured due to the strength of its main leads as well as its writing. The writing on a show has to be pretty good for it to start in 1993, stop airing in 2002, and then pick up 14 years later in 2016 and not feel dated or out-of-place at all. As the longest-running science fiction show in history, it does carry a lot of historic significance and charm, and its impact on popular culture can't really be understated. Like I said, I think a lot of that can be chalked up to the writing, which is uncannily coherent and organized, with a really detailed mythos.

I recently bought the first X-Files movie on VHS and I thought it was pretty good, both as an adaptation of the show with a more extravagant budget and as a standalone film. Even for someone such as myself who's not particularly obsessed with it, I do think it warrants respect. Hence this little sketch I made a while back:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022 @812.65 by nsequeira119 » Logged

Aw HECK yeah!
myry
Casual Poster ⚓︎

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022 @438.16 »

I've been meaning to get into X-files for a while now, haha. I think I watched like one episode and then just forgot about it, but I'm definitely gonna pick it up again. I've been using this website for drawing reference as well! I really like the general vibe of this show, and the screenshots are extremely good quality. Here's one of the redrawn screenshots I did recently:

I recently bought the first X-Files movie on VHS and I thought it was pretty good, both as an adaptation of the show with a more extravagant budget and as a standalone film. Even for someone such as myself who's not particularly obsessed with it, I do think it warrants respect. Hence this little sketch I made a while back:
Your post definitely makes me even more excited to watch this! And I love the posing in your sketch, very rad :cool:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

[FONTS] Velvetyne Type Foundry

Started by NightdriftBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1708
Last post February 06, 2022 @939.16
by Obspogon
What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?

Started by Kitchen StaffBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 42
Views: 3544
Last post April 11, 2024 @781.89
by WynnDawnstrider
What intresting old web lore do you know?

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 10
Views: 2434
Last post July 18, 2022 @985.00
by TheFrugalGamer

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi