Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @867.11 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  Nightly thoughts

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nightly thoughts  (Read 1025 times)
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 15, 2022 @987.30 »

When I'm in my garden at night. I'll look up at the stars twinkling in the warm air. They look like pin needle holes pricked through a blanket that I'm under. I'll spot a satellite disguised as a star. And i spin in a circle and see airplanes flying all directions, carrying hundreds of strangers in zooming metal boxes to i don't know where. And then the moon hits me. People tend to forget we're looking at an enormous floating rock with craters, flags planted on it and autonomous robot rovers chugging about. Wow, i think silently with my mouth agape, life really is amazing.

Do you folk have such moments?

june401

rip to icarus but i'm different

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022 @798.70 »

I moved to Colorado a few years ago after growing up in a much flatter area, but I still haven't gotten used to variations in the landscape. It's just so different than anything I had known before! I find myself so often staring at the foothills and the ridges, imagining the pressure that, over thousands of years, upended layers of stone to turn them on their sides, or the how much water had to pass down the mountains for its paths to be carved permanently, not to mention the way the plants that cover the landscape change in this beautiful gradient with the elevation. It all feels so grand, and I feel so small in comparison to these huge geo-ecological processes. I worry that one day I'll get used to the way the land feels here, or worse, get bored of it, but for now I'm finding so much joy in it that I can get lost in it all.

" Most of all, I'd like to be a poem, to reach your heart and stay. "
         ---Nathaniel Handal
myry
Casual Poster ⚓︎

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022 @973.50 »

I just had a moment like this last night. There was a heavy thunderstorm, and it felt like a lightshow I could admire from my opened window. It was such a magical moment to see the lightning itself, drawn onto the sky, and hear the rumblings erupt, counting how close or far it took place. It was so incredibly entertaining to just sit there and feel it all happen and being anticipated to see the next strike. And albeit my view was to a parking lot where you could see the raindrops race in the light cast by the street lamps, it felt incredible to think about all the people in the past looking at that same kind of phenomenon and be struck by it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2339
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage
Your thoughts on the forum categories?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 34
Views: 5426
Last post November 15, 2023 @892.60
by keybladekid6
Thoughts on credit

Started by KariusBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1181
Last post May 15, 2022 @625.96
by Karius

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi