Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 13, 2022, 06:20:09 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 12/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: You can now add PicMix profiles!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Community Zone
| |-+  Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hey netizens, there's a new kid on the block
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey netizens, there's a new kid on the block  (Read 173 times)
yot

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2022, 10:32:45 pm »

hai, I'm new here! :D :D :D

I'm yot, a ...relatively normal person in the day, and a passionate netizen at night. My interests are made of internet culture (in its many different forms...), technology, vidya games, cartoons & anime, and cats, which are finely grained and mixed together into a gooey mess which is my brain :D

idk why I'm doing this lol but here's basically my multiple years journey until I found this place, condensed into one line:
wayback machine --> random articles n' stuff --> neocities --> yesterweb --> this place

I'm also the proud owner of yot.co.il, which is where I put some ramblings from time to time.

I'll ujst say it here - I never experienced the old web. I was simply too young. What I can say however is that the modern web isn't really that fun, and that places like this are like a the last shining lights, in a very, very deep sea...
Gans

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 08:32:23 am »

A familiar design... I think you were one of the first users on Vistaserv. What do you think about that site?
yot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 08:59:03 am »

Oh you know about vistaserv as well :D

I think it's a really cool place for making minimal sites, and at least when I used to be a regular there the guestbook was a really nice way to talk with others about our sites. There was even a user named dir who managed a directory with links to other cool sites, but he took that page down and now it's long gone...  :C

I can sum up my expirience there as - great site, chill community, and somehow nails down perfectly the 90's aesthetic.
Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 02:35:35 pm »

Hii YOT (like a boat??), welcome to the forum!  \o/

Your site is super interesting, I clicked the thing that said do not click the thing and it was a bomb aaahhh, Im sorry I exploded your site  :-\ it was nice while it lasted!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!