Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2022, 01:43:48 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 18/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: We have new forum categories :-O

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  Music Room
| | |-+  what song/album reminds you of summer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what song/album reminds you of summer?  (Read 51 times)
pancito

any pronouns for me!

iMood: 800cherries

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2022, 02:55:27 am »

actor by st. vincent is probably my certified summer soundtrack. i blame the album cover, and the fact that i listened to it all the time last summer. but it's actually pretty bright and colorful, yet quite suffocating at times, which is exactly how the season feels to me. ;D

this is another example, but this one is a summer night song

☆゚°˖* ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و
syx

you never me give gonna up

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 09:49:05 am »

hmm..I'd have to say Tyler, The Creators album, IGOR.
It came out my last year of Middle School, and it as bittersweet having to leave my friends. So we all spent time with each other as much as we could until we parted ways, RUNNING OUT OF TIME and I THINK really hit me with nostalgia for simpler times. I'm a Senior now. It's cray.

ArtisTheFox

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 02:25:59 pm »

I don't really listen to Lana Del Rey but 'Summertime Sadness' so perfectly encapsulates the experience of Summer when you're angsty, depressed or melancholic. And the song hits me quite hard sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdrL3QxjyVw

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 04:40:12 pm »

I don't really listen to Lana Del Rey but 'Summertime Sadness' so perfectly encapsulates the experience of Summer when you're angsty, depressed or melancholic.

I have an ongoing loathing of Lana Del Rey songs for personal reasons, but Summer Sadness is totally iconic. Kinda in a similar vein, this thread made me think of this song. I remember being really into it summer 2015, its got that mix of light and dark and dreamy loss that seems to accompany timeless hot days of melancholy  :defrag:

Gans

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:37 pm »

From France: Air - All I need
Here is an Invidious link for that
https://invidious.snopyta.org/search?q=air+all+I+need
Veezle

spookums

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 05:37:39 am »

Cruel Summer by Ace of Base, particularly the Big Bonus Mix. That's kind of a given though considering it's in the title itself lol
tenkai_no_perusona

あたしは暗い旅に出る。

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 08:16:40 am »

This screams summer to me. And TES IV: Oblivion, for some reason.

MrsMoe

Leave your body and soul at the door~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 09:42:07 am »

For me, it's I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers and Riptide by Lance Joy. It's mostly cause I can distinctly remember the summer of 2015 and those songs were frequently playing on the radio during that time. 2015 was probably the height of my life for a lot of reasons, and both those songs really captured both my feelings of hopefulness and anxiety at the time. I'd honestly do anything to relive that era...

Everybody Wants to Rule the World and Pork Soda by Glass Animals also give me some personal summer vibes.

idk how to put gifs here help
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!