Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 13, 2022, 04:55:01 pm
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 12/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: You can now add PicMix profiles!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Workshop Zone
| |-+  Showcase & Links
| | |-+  TamaNOTchi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TamaNOTchi  (Read 885 times)
Obspogon

Hi

Discord: Obspogon#9715
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:01 am »

Found https://tamanotchi.world thanks to https://aywren.neocities.org/.

Looks cool, added one to my site and in my forum footer. Click on it and feed them.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 02:49:28 pm »

== Topic moved to Links! ==

This is cool, I actually really wanna do something like this soon. I have SECRET PLANS. I'm curious though, what is it you enjoy about this and what do you think its missing?

Obspogon

Hi

Discord: Obspogon#9715
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 08:39:14 pm »

Pros:
  • Fun
  • Collaborative
  • Embeddable with HTML and BBcode

Con: For some reason, it takes super long to load for me unless I open the website in a private window (Using Firefox)? Hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

cinni

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:58:32 pm »

i have one of these on my site too! i think what i like about it is 1. tamagotchi nostalgia, and 2. nostalgia for when sites would have creatures you could ~adopt and raise~ on your site, that would change over time (think adopting dragon eggs, that over time hatch into random dragons :-p )

my experience with tamanotchi is pretty painless, i like that you can customize your 'case' and it's a low effort game xP  i ALSO believe you can breed them? but i haven't gotten to that part yet

Nightdrift

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 05:16:06 am »

I noticed the slow site loading as well @Obspogon, which I think definitely affects my enjoyment a bit as someone who doesn't own a TamaNotchi, but likes to putter around feeding other people's 'Notchis. The concept in itself is really cute otherwise, and I always do enjoy a good pet game.

Hypothetically speaking (and not sure if there already is), I think if there were a way to feed the pet without sending you to the page, that would improve my player/spectator experience considerably, but then again I'm sure the slow connection is a completely different/bigger problem altogether haha.

EDIT: Weirdly enough, my experience is that mobile seems to not have any issues with the connection. Wonder what's goin' on with that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:12:43 pm by Nightdrift » Logged

Status Cafe Profile
di

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 11:11:54 pm »

I hope I'm allowed to reply to older posts on this forum. i know some forums don't like that but it doesn't say in the rules i cannot.. if not, ignore me please? o///o

I adopted a tamanotchi, their name is Persephone. maybe i'll change it..

dokodemo

*Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro dancing* *Toro

Discord: suni#2996

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 09:54:55 pm »

this site is fairly dead and it actually went down for a while like, last year, because the owner could barely afford to keep it running :(

A hungry Shinx appears!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!