Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @394.93 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]  (Read 3882 times)
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: November 27, 2021 @308.91 »

I got the idea for this thread while reminiscing about some of my favorite video games, which is to say a time when playing video games was such a large part of my life that I would scour the web endlessly searching for mp3s of my favorite tunes. ((I remember KHInsider used to be the spot for video game OSTs...and while I haven't checked it in years, I would be pleasantly surprised if they're still kicking.))

Anyhow, what I'd like is if any of you fine folk would like to share a song from a video game that you feel is personally "iconic". No, not the theme song or most popular video game songs out there (unless those tracks are what you did personally feel a great affinity to!) -- just a song from a game that really stuck with you, for whatever reason (and if you do have a reason, please do feel free to share as well :smile: )

My personal pick of the litter is from Golden Sun - Battle: Saturos

Well, Motoi Sakuraba (the composer) is a genius in my humble opinion, and it is hard to single out a favorite work of his, much less from the Golden Sun franchise. This song was featured a boss battle, one where I was legitimately shaking in my shoes because I wasn't expecting to fight one of the main antagonists so early on. But it turned out I had overleveled, so in the end these fears were utterly unfounded. Short-lived as the battle was, the battle song still permanently seared itself into my brain for how dang cool it was, and how epically the scene was set for the battle. If you are unfamiliar with the series, it is a really great JRPG that really pushed the limits of the GameBoy Advance in clever and inventive ways that honestly still astound me even now. Your mileage may vary with the storytelling style, but the battle system and animations are very noteworthy -- graphics are incredibly gorgeous, and still stand the test of time to this day.

With that all aside, please feel free to share your iconic video game tune of choice!

Status Cafe Profile
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021 @230.79 »

hmm, there are so many good songs out there, i'm going to nominate two! :-P i think these two songs stick out in my mind because they're both songs that are made up of bits n pieces of the rest of the OST/game sounds, like a last hoorah. and i just think its cool hehe

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards OST - Club Mix ~ In the Field

Chulip - OST - Happy Shabby Parade

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023 @677.03 »

to one with life from monster hunter 3(tri~) really encapsulates the whole vibe of monster hunter to me, it’s like the second song i’ll think of after proof of a hero if monster hunter comes up. the theme of jamaa township will also forever be ingrained in my memory, i spent so much time on animal jam as a kid! (not to even mentioned that gecko can can)

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023 @783.66 »

It goes without saying that this thread needs the Elder Scrolls Theme  :happy:

(Here is the Oblivion version, I will accept that the Skyrim version might be better known, but this is just a nice version!)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023 @432.81 »

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023 @436.00 »

I think the very first Professor Layton theme is as iconic as it gets.

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023 @173.01 »

for me currently the first that came to mind was katamari nahnah and the song that plays at the beginning of every stanley parable run
chao2K
Newbie ⚓︎

they/he, sonic fan extraordinaire

iMood: xpzone

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023 @105.32 »

to stay on brand for me, stardust speedway b mix from sonic cd is one of my favorite game songs ever so i consider that one to be particularly iconic.

otherwise I guess to go wayyyy back and get more personal with it, i would say animal crossing gamecube's 3pm theme is particularly iconic for me :] i think that was just the time of day i used to play as a kid the most. i've spent so many hours on the original gamecube animal crossing throughout my life lol

Moodle McDoodle
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Just a sleepy lil' guy.. v__v { z z z )

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023 @664.87 »

to stay on brand for me, stardust speedway b mix from sonic cd is one of my favorite game songs ever so i consider that one to be particularly iconic.

I love Stardust Speedway Bad Future too!! There's sooooo many iconic Sonic songs but the first one that came to mind for me (besides main themes or character themes) was actually Be Cool, Be Wild and Be Groovy, the track from the snowboarding section in Sonic Adventure's Ice Cap! I always look forward to reaching this part of the level and the music gets me so excited to snowboard down the mountain and hit all the trick ramps!

But there's so many others from this game alone... Like the Egg Carrier theme! Or the Beta Mk2 boss theme, or Station Square's theme... It's impossible for me to choose just one and its taking all my willpower not to just link the entire soundtrack lmao. That's not even getting into any other games!! There's so many great soundtracks out there!

chao2K
Newbie ⚓︎

they/he, sonic fan extraordinaire

iMood: xpzone

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2023 @791.79 »

It's impossible for me to choose just one and its taking all my willpower not to just link the entire soundtrack lmao. That's not even getting into any other games!! There's so many great soundtracks out there!

you're SO right, the sonic adventure soundtrack will always be particularly amazing and so many sonic games have such good soundtracks. whoever works on a sonic game's soundtrack is just obligated to go crazy with it i guess! xP i love it though

inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023 @268.80 »

let's see... if we're only counting iconic songs from games i've played (which, admittedly, isn't many...) i GOTTA put down Millenium Anthem from Hypnospace Outlaw. one of the songs of all time, from one of the games of all time.

honorable mention goes to North and South from Knytt Stories, which is the best indie platformer ever made. i will fight you on this.

---

and honestly i haven't even played the game this track is from but it's SO GOOD i can't help but include it: :ok:

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2023 @729.12 »

Silent Hill - Sermon

I didn't get to listen to this one long, but something about the theme that plays in the church in Silent Hill 1 stuck with me. (The title screen and a few other songs/ambience tracks from this game stuck with me as well, but uh.. y'know.)

Luigi's Mansion - Mansion Theme [Exterior]

This theme is a motif throughout most of this game's soundtrack, but the exterior version of it is very.. well, something. If you were out in the garden, you would hear running water and Mario faintly yelling "Ey, Luigi! What's the hold up!?" if you were near the well. I.. love this game deeply. So deeply, in fact, I had to cope by humming the main theme to myself in the dark while walking around with a flashlight when my childhood GameCube went mysteriously missing for nearly half a decade.

LoZ: OoT - Fire Temple [With Chanting]

I first heard this one while playing the game on my N64, so I wasn't aware that this theme was altered on the cartridges that were produced later. Apparently there were other changes, like making the blood Ganon coughs out green instead of red, but I didn't really notice the red blood since... well.. I don't think blood is all that disturbing or out of place in this game.

Marble Madness [Atari] - Beginner Race

I've only played the NES and GameBoy version of this game, but the entirety of it's soundtrack has been ingrained into my soul.

Resident Evil - Safe Room

I'm sorry, I think.. I think this is my last one for now. Not that I don't have 10 more to add still..

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2023 @993.09 »

God, all these replies are such amazing picks. Just listening to the Layton theme is making me shiver. :chef:

God-Shattering Star
from Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been so iconic to me. As a sucker for orchestral music, this pushed all my buttons. :pc: Especially the way they integrate the series' main theme gives me goosebumps every time. Honourable mention is Twilight of the Gods. <3

I also have so many feelings thinking about Bloodborne's Ludwig, The Accursed & Holy Blade. This theme checks all the marks if you think of an incredible fight, a harsh learning process, perfect ludonarrative, and how it all works together. It's peak Bloodborne and it made me fall in love with the game even more.

And as my absolute favourite video game, I am going with Song of the Ancients. This series gave me way too many manic nights of thinking about its world in every detail while listening to this incredible soundtrack which has zero flaws, haha. I'm tearing up already. :ozwomp: Also take Kaine Salvation as well. T_T

xx <3
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023 @824.62 »

wouldn't describe this as iconic at all, but it is my usernamesake, so it's the obvious choice for me.

if I had to choose something that I would describe as iconic... even though this is a super popular track... I would still choose this.

it could also be any of the others on this playlist I made, honestly. hard to choose.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023 @829.56 by MOONTRIPS » Logged
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2023 @759.18 »

Of course, I've just gotta be the obligatory person in every comment section about video game OSTs who brings up Undertale. Basically the whole soundtrack is iconic to me, but if I have to choose just one track, I'll have to say, "Home" still has its special place in my heart, as a cozy, nostalgic rendition of the main tune.

I've also, per usual for me, got to give a special shoutout to Celeste's OST. Particularly, the tracks, "Confronting Myself", "Little Goth", and "Exhale." They are all near the end of the soundtrack, but I love them all for both the songs themselves, and how perfectly they compliment the tone of the story at the time that they play. "Confronting Myself"'s faux-chanting gives the feeling of others watching and yelling for you on as you continue forward. "Little Goth" contrasts this, as the song which plays directly after it in the game. It is small, scared. But the piano almost feels like a tiny bit of hope, in that fear. Its slow buildup also feels like gathering courage, to take one last, big leap. Finally, "Exhale" feels like exactly its namesake. A breath, after accomplishing something long sought after. Its similarity to "Little Goth" strikes me, despite their differing tones.

All three of these tracks are so iconic to me, but, if I have to choose one, I'd say, "Confronting Myself" is the most so. Again, those faux-chants really make it stick out to me. But all three of these tracks are very important to me.

Finally, PMD2's OST in its entirety will always be great, but in particular, "Don't Ever Forget" will always remain in my mind as the song that played the first time that a video game brought me to tears.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2023 @762.15 by Bede » Logged

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1689
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1849
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1840
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi