Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @725.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  School and dreams

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: School and dreams  (Read 1786 times)
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 09, 2022 @539.13 »

Hello all.

Our time in school and especially high school has a big impact on pervasive memories and annoying dreams. We've all heard of the "late for your exam" nightmare. But what are some of your reoccuring dreams concerning school and teachers? A few themes that I dream about nearly weekly are:

- roaming around a school that's a maze with missing floors and endless hallways. :omg:
- my high school teachers keeping me inside a building against my will, and me trying to escape, always getting caught then running again, getting caught and running, caught and running... :ohdear:
- my primary school building and playground randomly playing a role in otherwise non-related dreams. :smile:
- prolonged meetings with a former teacher in a private setting. :blush:

How about you folk?

DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022 @699.31 »

When I was younger, I was on my high school's wrestling team. The practices ended pretty late, which meant that it was incredibly dark and cold by the time I got out of the dojo in winter--although, I didn't live in a place that snowed. Rather than ice, winter meant long nights of pouring rain. The rain was gorgeous to see but very unpleasant to stand in without umbrellas and proper boots.

I dream often about standing out in the rain after dark, waiting for my mom to pick me up by the school gym.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022 @927.84 »

Only thing I can think of is those dreams I get now from time to time about being back in school again. Frankly, for me that alone is enough to be a nightmare.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022 @479.06 »

I don't tend to dream about school that often (I dream about the house I grew up in a LOT though). That said Iv definitely had that maze dream in the school halls; our school was a cheap "temporary" building from the 70s that had very distinctive halls with a weird metal roof.

* school-hall-2009.jpg (45.07 kB, 453x604 - viewed 166 times.)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022 @520.69 »

I don't tend to dream about school that often (I dream about the house I grew up in a LOT though). That said Iv definitely had that maze dream in the school halls; our school was a cheap "temporary" building from the 70s that had very distinctive halls with a weird metal roof.
Is that your school? My old school had (it's been removed now. So much has changed in my old school as it doubled in size) a pretty cheap hallway built on the side of the 19th/early 20th century main building. It doubled as gym changing room for the boys, too. And it had almost exactly this roof/ceiling!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022 @536.20 »

Yep thats my school, ours was exactly the same, it had a 19th century building that had been an old school and this was built as a separate extra building, we also had a separate gym/hall. The building was demolished shortly after I graduated, I think its a carpark now and there is a new multi-story building connected to the 19th century building.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022 @876.44 »

It's really interesting to hear that other people have school dreams as adults! I know there's the classic trope of "realizing you showed up for class naked" and stuff, but I didn't realize it was a real thing for other people.
I do have school dreams a lot (not the naked one!), but they're never at anything resembling my real schools, just weird imaginary places. I always imagine myself in the dream as I am now (instead of being a kid), and they're almost always anxiety about schoolwork. Typically it's a scenario like:

I suddenly show up back in class, and realize I should have been attending class this whole time because High School never stopped. Now I'm in 22nd grade or something, and I have no idea what's going on because I missed a decade of classes
Or a variant of the same thing, where I've been on vacation this whole time, and now school is starting again, but we have a project due that we should have been working on for the past 10 years and I just neglected it

Arrrgh, it's so stressful! It's just that total dread about showing up for class unprepared, and it is such a huge relief when I wake up and realize I actually did graduate and don't have to rush to class in the morning. :happy:

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022 @882.16 »

It's really interesting to hear that other people have school dreams as adults! I know there's the classic trope of "realizing you showed up for class naked" and stuff, but I didn't realize it was a real thing for other people.
I do have school dreams a lot (not the naked one!), but they're never at anything resembling my real schools, just weird imaginary places. I always imagine myself in the dream as I am now (instead of being a kid), and they're almost always anxiety about schoolwork. Typically it's a scenario like:

I suddenly show up back in class, and realize I should have been attending class this whole time because High School never stopped. Now I'm in 22nd grade or something, and I have no idea what's going on because I missed a decade of classes
Or a variant of the same thing, where I've been on vacation this whole time, and now school is starting again, but we have a project due that we should have been working on for the past 10 years and I just neglected it

Arrrgh, it's so stressful! It's just that total dread about showing up for class unprepared, and it is such a huge relief when I wake up and realize I actually did graduate and don't have to rush to class in the morning. :happy:
That sounds sooo stressful. But also kind of funny- 22nd grade haha! Thanks for sharing. My stressy school dreams happen when I have an exam the next day (I'm currently still in University), I ALWAYS without exception dream about leaving the house too late, taking multiple trains, missing them, being on the wrong one, not knowing what station I'm in... Extremely disorienting and frustrating and awful. And then I wake up anxious, realize I have an exam today, and get double anxious! It's no bueno.

pixel

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022 @881.45 »

lately i had a lot of dreams about not doing or preparing for important stuff in school
MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022 @351.08 »

I'm currently twenty one and I've been out of school for a very long time, but I have plenty of reoccurring dreams about hanging out with my old friends and just walking around outside. During my time in high school, my two friends gradually started to drift away from me and moved on to other people, so doing fun stuff with them was something I unfortunately missed out on. I also moved away before I ever got the chance to say goodbye to either of them, so I guess I have a lot of unresolved feelings.

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022 @988.68 »

I have dreams that take place at 3 out of the 5 schools I attended. Often I'll be visiting my old elementary school for some reason, then wandering around the town.

My dreams set in my high school are the most common ones where I'll end up lucid dreaming. Something about that setting just makes my brain realize I'm dreaming, and then I get to take the reigns for a bit until I wake up.

My college dreams are the worst. They always involve terrible roommates, or riding the elevator but it's tilting and twisting the whole way up and then when I get to the top the floor is missing.
syx (dead)
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022 @351.35 »

A lot of them involve a mashed-up version of My Middle School and High School, Graduating, a Dance Event, Two people I won't get into because it's a lot of bad things, Running around. Sometimes I'll be at school and then at my house and a dog bites me on the hand and breaks the skin (just today, my sister told us she was bitten on the Knee by a neighbor's dog and it broke the skin...Very coincidental.) As much as I HATE the sound of an Analog alarm Clock, the sound has never appeared in my dream.

POOP" width="500" height="50
CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022 @828.50 »

One I've had repeatedly recently is that my high school diploma isn't valid because I missed a credit somewhere so I end up having to go back to high school as a freaking 30-something, lmao. I hate it so much!

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022 @831.19 »

One I've had repeatedly recently is that my high school diploma isn't valid because I missed a credit somewhere so I end up having to go back to high school as a freaking 30-something, lmao. I hate it so much!

I've had dreams similar to that. They're the worst!

I had a funny one last night. I was in elementary school and it was winter, and we were all participating in the "Emma Stone Downhill Wheelchair-Toboggan Race."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Things You Wish You'd Been Taught In School

Started by GuestBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 2553
Last post September 10, 2023 @482.20
by wygolvillage
Any tips for suceeding in school, or useful academic websites?

Started by DoctorDizzyBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 6
Views: 595
Last post February 04, 2023 @68.97
by DiamondPetals
A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 17
Views: 1490
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi