Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @568.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: How do you feel about the forum theme?
Its perfect just how it is! Please dont change it!
Its fine, I would not mind if it changed though.
Its fine but I find it hard to read for some reason.
I would like a pastel/low contrast alternitive.
I would like a low tech/no image alternitive.
I actualy cant use the forum at the moment (how am I here omg)
The layout is ok, but Id like to be able to add my own custom CSS

Author Topic: Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?  (Read 4849 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: December 08, 2021 @562.44 »

Hi, just looking for some feedback on the forum theme, how do you feel about it?
(I noticed a few people were discussing it on YW discord)

If you'd like to elaborate or point out specific things please post below!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cyberiantiger

Live in the Cyber-Space

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021 @107.60 »

I think its good, kinda reminds me of the old Furtopia boards and some of the old boards I use to go to before they went away. But I don't mind if you change it to something else if you wish, although I couldn't really suggest anything as I tend to be brute force in my designs.
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021 @707.21 »

At first it looked like something right out of the late 90's, but it eventually grew on me. I wouldn't mind if it had multiple themes though!

Web design is my passion!

easy_breezy

PonPon

iMood: hax_man

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021 @920.89 »

Perhaps get the community to submit themes?

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021 @926.02 »

Perhaps get the community to submit themes?

I was thinking of trying to make some way for people to apply their own CSS across the site, that would allow you to edit colors and fonts and people could share different CSS styles.

Totally separate themes are also an option, however there are a few downsides, mainly they require a lot more work to maintain and bug fix.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021 @22.72 »

Throwing in my two cents, this theme has grown on me a lot since joining so I'd personally like to see it stick around a bit longer (allowing members to apply CSS could be an awesome workaround if folks want to customize their experience a bit more) -- however, I could see a forum-wide style refresh happening after a certain amount of time passes :omg:k:

Status Cafe Profile
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021 @797.16 »

I love the quirkiness of the current style, it adds to the atmosphere. There are so many places that look the same on the net, this place really has its own identity. However, being able to override the CSS definitely sounds like it can be useful!

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021 @930.16 »

I honestly love the theme as it is, please don't change it! I guess allowing custom CSS would be cool, though.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2021 @240.21 »

Currently, I think the theme is great and well made, But the icon choice is a bit off.
However, this could be me not being used to Web 1.0 or the wild west time period of the internet so it's fine.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021 @265.24 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2021 @185.30 »

Didn't want to start a new thread necessarily, but did want to give a quick shout out for the new Dreamy theme, it's a cool new addition! It's endearing that the two themes have kind of naturally flowed into a "dark mode"/"light mode", whether that was intentional or not.

EDIT: I didn't realize that in this theme, clicking the Message Icon on a published post...would let you actually change the message icon too? I'm...assuming it's a feature from the base theme by Simple Machines? Or was it something y'all took the time to code in? Whichever the case, it's neat.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021 @203.55 by Nightdrift » Logged

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021 @750.37 »

Didn't want to start a new thread necessarily, but did want to give a quick shout out for the new Dreamy theme, it's a cool new addition! It's endearing that the two themes have kind of naturally flowed into a "dark mode"/"light mode", whether that was intentional or not.

EDIT: I didn't realize that in this theme, clicking the Message Icon on a published post...would let you actually change the message icon too? I'm...assuming it's a feature from the base theme by Simple Machines? Or was it something y'all took the time to code in? Whichever the case, it's neat.

This is cool! Cinni's theme is modded from the modern simple machines theme, where as the default is modded from simple machines classic, SO the new one will have some newer features. Also I was thinking more along the lines of high contrast v low contrast, but light dark works too!

cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021 @768.67 »

woo! glad the new theme is acceptable :grin:

i liked the original theme, cause it had a cozy and nostalgic feel but was on a theme-editing kick haha. i thought of this as a light alternative, but high/low contrast also works! lol i wondered if some of the styling was a little too low contrast, so for example i added a text shadow to the white text to help with readability (* ̄▽ ̄)b

ArtisTheFox
Casual Poster

Hi! I'm Artis, a dark soul with a kind heart

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022 @927.05 »

It's so cute. I found this website through an old web directory, and the cozy cuteness and genuine old-web-feel immediately made me curious to snoop around some more. And now I've made an account!

vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023 @742.86 »

I really love the theme, the one thing is that on a couple of threads I've seen my browser get confused about what scale to render the page at(zoom gets set to minimum automatically). Unsure if that's like something to do with a specific user, but I've only had it happen on this site. If I remember the thread I'll send it here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20424
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5320
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3293
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi