Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @466.23 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Zepeto is cool!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zepeto is cool!  (Read 1227 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: March 27, 2022 @653.37 »

Zepeto!

Zepeto is like this kinda metaverse-ish game/social media platform from Korea (I think the same company that makes the hugely popular Line Chat in Japan) here is my profile:

Also here is a video of me and some yesterweb people in a car: https://gweb.zepeto.i:ha:user/post/432319483?sc=S2ZNI3

I think whats interesting is, I reeaaallly enjoy this platform! Using it feels like how the internet first felt when I was like 14, and Iv been trying to figure out why that is. A big reason its fun is that its almost like a parody of social media, its crammed with micro transactions, it feels like the worst possible world that social media could create but somehow that honesty makes it endearing.

I think more than that though is the kind of creativity it offers; it lets you be yourself but not yourself, like your a parody of yourself pretending to be someone else pretending to be a social media star. It gives you weird poses, weird looks, weird backgrounds and cloths and music to dance too; in the process it forces you to create something you never otherwise would. The upshot is that it weirdly succeeds at creating another reality and another you; its a reality that feels like 1980s mall; vapid, vibrant and silly, but somehow incredibility iconic.

I'm not sure if it will last, if Ill be sick of it by next week; but this week Iv found it really inspiring, and its make me hopeful again that technology and the modern web can and will be fun in the future; it also makes me believe that the hybrid of modern technology, and web revival chaos and aesthetics will become something very cool.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022 @662.88 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sadness
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wanna heal the internet!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022 @715.15 »

I think it's a cool concept and wish it relied less on IAPs to get cool stuff. Even creators who make custom items for the app have to purchase their own creations with gems in order to own them. It's stuff like that which makes me :tongue:

But god I wanted something like this for so long. I feel so STARVED for a good virtual world that somehow this app is like.. a feast to me. I just think it could be SOOO much cooler if it was less mobile-app-ish. But I guess that's what most people are using nowadays?

My favorite thing about it is when people "go live" and you can see their avatar talking. Even if there was like a really basic app with JUST that, like TikTok or Twitch for virtual selves? I think that would be amazing!!

Edit: obligatory zepeto selfies

« Last Edit: March 29, 2022 @893.44 by sadness » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022 @904.43 »

creators who make custom items for the app have to purchase their own creations
Iv been meaning to look into this, I was thinking it would be cool if you could earn in game gems from selling items and maybe open your own lil store.

I feel so STARVED for a good virtual world
Ooph I know! I want to make one myself, but making VWs is actually SUPER HARD! I think something that makes this app feel alive (verses older services like SecondLife) is that most of the people on there are teens, it feels relevant in a way that older worlds don't.

Even if there was like a really basic app with JUST that, like TikTok or Twitch for virtual selves? I think that would be amazing!!
This is an interesting idea.. I suppose in my mind "real" social media, is a bit like branding or monetization, it feels like it has real world implications, and that takes the fun out of it being pretend. BUT that's a kinda weird perspective from me Ill admit.

ALSO Im very jealous you used the pout pose effectively! I tried using it a bunch of times and it looks really creepy with my avi :ohdear:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

TinyTIM - A cool multiplayer text adventure

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 1863
Last post February 22, 2022 @48.80
by demonologi
A cool dummy image generator

Started by PepyogurtBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 914
Last post July 03, 2022 @168.19
by Pepyogurt
Cool electronics shop tour from 1993

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 1
Views: 792
Last post August 08, 2022 @570.27
by Cobra!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi