Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @633.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Hypnospace Outlaw

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Hypnospace Outlaw  (Read 4257 times)
« on: November 20, 2021 @536.83 »

Has anyone else played it? It's so good! Not only is it fun to explore webpages within a fictional Internet, it's also got a good story and great characters.

I feel a lot of people on here would enjoy it since it's really a huge love letter to ye olde web :grin: It's really cool how you get to know the characters by their webpages. It's also what inspired me to make a website!

Attachment is the desktop I have in the game. You can put stickers all over it to make it yours, it's cute.

* ezgif-7-a9ad1e3d45a4.jpg (122.52 kB, 360x202 - viewed 285 times.)
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021 @750.43 »

Yeah, it's great.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021 @803.97 »

I love it so much! I often listen to the OST.

How not to love the Chowderman?

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021 @877.14 »

I love it so much! I often listen to the OST.

How not to love the Chowderman?

Duuuude, I listen to the OST so much!! Millennium Anthem is a bop. Chowderman is such a fun character too.
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021 @220.97 »

i've never played but every screenshot i see from it looks sooo amazing haha. i want to play it someday..

Ash

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021 @36.89 »

I love hypnospace!!!!!!
LimeAngelMudzy

i like games and music :-3

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2022 @164.81 »

Its been sitting in my steam library for a couple of days now, haven't had the time :notgood: will deffo try out this weekend

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022 @887.07 »

So my story of this game is that Iv never played it. BUT I did to a sort of job interview/advice thing where I showed them my site and they basicly said "No one will ever hire you, but I think you'd enjoy Hypnospace Outlaw" :omg:k:

Id love to know how people feel it related to their web design. Does it inspire you? Do you feel its a parody of neocities? Do you think its a totally unrelated subject, or just loosely aesthetically similar?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Darmodej

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022 @791.62 »

havent played it but i love christmas pain in christmas town
that song has extreme 2016 undertale tumblr/drawception vibes

ano, ja jsem on
versidue
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*casts a spell on you*

StatusCafe: versidue

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2022 @83.18 »

I LOVE hypnospace outlaw. I've only played through it all the way once but I go back to it every now and then. The premise of browsing the internet with your brainwaves while you sleep as an unpaid volunteer moderator is simultaneously hilarious and horrifying

Id love to know how people feel it related to their web design. Does it inspire you? Do you feel its a parody of neocities? Do you think its a totally unrelated subject, or just loosely aesthetically similar?

I got into it well before I found neocities, and while it didn't directly inspire me to make a website it definitely made me more aware of/helped me fall in love with the old web.

If it's a parody it is definitely of geocities rather than neocities, complete with districts and corporate interference. Although I think it is as much love-letter as parody.

Kutan

Chitter Critter

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022 @741.86 »

They just announced a sequel to Hypnospace a couple hours ago! aaaaaaaa!! :ozwomp:

Click the pic! Takes place 3 years after Hypnospace, and I see some familiar names in the screenshots... I'm super excited!

sm3dw
Newbie ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: sm3dw

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022 @567.59 »

Hypnospace Outlaw is one of my favourite games! The sequel's announcement gave me an excuse to go back and 100% my old save lol

My favourite moments from the game are probably (minor spoilers below):

• In the Merchantsoft news page on New Years, there's an article titled "1999's Wackiest Criminals!", and it reads like "Number 1 is named Terry Crimesman. He [insert details of a horrific crime/abuse]. What an IRONIC NAME!!! :omg:k:"
  • I really like Coolpunk as a whole, but the funniest part is probably the guy who manages to both miss the anti-capitalist message of Coolpunk and gatekeep people for "making fake coolpunk" at the same time.
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2022 @749.83 »

i will put this on my backlog. :ha:

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023 @628.41 »

Been listening to a lot of Zared lately.

Also just wanted to chime in and say that Hypnospace is probably what kickstarted me down the path of looking up the web revival movement in the first place. In my opinion Hypnospace is a great way to introduce people to the concept of it. It's a fun and interactive way to give people a taste of what it was like to browse the web back then.

Also...
Spoiler
Fuck Dylan Merchant  :evil:
[close]

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

fedya
Newbie ⚓︎

wassup!!!

StatusCafe: fedya
iMood: fedya

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023 @911.81 »

I love hypnospace outlaw!! it's such a fun game, and I think it definitely made me interested in making my own site :)

gumshoe gooper  :chef:

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Desktop Simulators (games like Hypnospace Outlaw)

Started by 13BECCBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 21
Views: 974
Last post July 18, 2023 @798.23
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi