Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @878.30 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Forum feature requests and Ideas

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Forum feature requests and Ideas  (Read 21238 times)
aoeu
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: aoeu
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2022 @112.99 »

It would be nice to have the option to attach an XMPP/Matrix address to our profiles.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2022 @534.03 »

i think we should have an option to change the width of the site, i dont really know how to explain it, but pokefarm q has this feature. you can basically select a width for the main content and forum. i have a large monitor so reading through forum posts is kind of difficult when each line is SO long.
Not to be too cheeky, but you do know this is the reason you can resize your browser? :omg:k: But yes I can see how things being too wide could be a pain. I added a max width to both cinni and melon themes, it should limit the forum on very wide displays, let me know if that helps!

also i think the profile editor should have the little buttons at the top to insert bbcode, for those (myself) who dont know every bbcode tag
This is a good idea and I might return to this later, however its a little complex to actually do. As a quick fix I have added a "BBCode Help" link at the bottom of every page, if your ever stuck again just scroll down for it!

It would be nice to have the option to attach an XMPP/Matrix address to our profiles.
Sure, can you give me an example of what a Matrix profile link looks like? (Iv never used it :omg:smile:

Thank you for the good suggestions!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
aoeu
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2022 @652.03 »

Sure, can you give me an example of what a Matrix profile link looks like? (Iv never used it :omg:smile:
A Matrix user ID is formatted in the following way:
@username:server.com

Funnily enough, I've only ever used XMPP, with Matrix only coming into my view within the past year or so. I just thought that it'd be a good idea to add more chat protocols into the mix just in case someone has one and not the other.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2022 @665.93 »

A Matrix user ID is formatted in the following way:
@username:server.com

Hmm, so it could be like @melonking:matrix.melonking.net ? I'll have to have a think a bout that as that's way too long for the profile bar on this site to handle. If there's a way to turn that into a clickable url that just opens a matrix client that would be doable?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
aoeu
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2022 @679.25 »

When it comes to turning Matrix IDs into a clickable URL that will automatically open in a Matrix client... I'm not entirely sure about how you should go about implementing that feature. While I do know that xmpp:username@server.com is a way of opening XMPP addresses in a local client, I'm not entirely sure about whether Matrix supports a one-liner like that or if the Matrix protocol has a completely different way of dealing with this. I guess I'll have to start reading up on some documentation for this.

Edit: After searching around for another ten seconds, I managed to find https://matrix.t:ha: as a means of creating browser-accessible URLs which point to a user's Matrix ID. Using this, it's possible to simply append a user's Matrix ID to the end of the URL in the format of https://matrix.t:ha:#/@username:server.com in order to turn a user's Matrix ID into one, easily clickable URL that works for most clients.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022 @735.29 by aoeu » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2022 @786.19 »

Edit: After searching around for another ten seconds, I managed to find https://matrix.t:ha: as a means of creating browser-accessible URLs which point to a user's Matrix ID. Using this, it's possible to simply append a user's Matrix ID to the end of the URL in the format of https://matrix.t:ha:#/@username:server.com in order to turn a user's Matrix ID into one, easily clickable URL that works for most clients.

Ok I added a field for this, lemmy know if it works for you!

aoeu
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2022 @808.07 »

The Matrix ID field is all fully working as intended. Now, all that's left to do is to do the same for XMPP addresses, which should be a simple matter of showing the XMPP address directly or appending the user's XMPP address to the XMPP handle.

XMPP handles are formatted in the following way:
xmpp:username@server.org
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022 @810.35 by aoeu » Logged
sadness
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wanna heal the internet!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2022 @725.67 »

hiii!!! i hate stompin around and making suggestions on other people's sites but here are some changes that I'd like to see

- add height to textbox on posts (this one im typing in) (maybe expand it just a few hundred px? I know you can resize it yourself also)
- make text in post textbox larger so it's easier to read, it's kind of tiny and hard to see aaaaaa
- a way to resize images in posts? (i couldn't find a method that works, apologies if I missed it!!)
- also itd be neat if clicking on 'melonland forum' took you home as well

yea I think that's it!! looking good around here!! :ha:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022 @731.89 by sadness » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2022 @739.40 »

Stomp away! Im sure you know how nice it is to get feedback about things, even if its unhappy feedback, it always makes my day to have something to fix. These are good suggestions, I always fight with the editor and I dont know why I didnt think of changing it :ohdear:

add height to textbox on posts (this one im typing in) (maybe expand it just a few hundred px? I know you can resize it yourself also)
Made the minimum height 500px, that's about 2x bigger in my browser.

make text in post textbox larger so it's easier to read, it's kind of tiny and hard to see aaaaaa
The text should now be 11pt instead of 9pt!

a way to resize images in posts? (i couldn't find a method that works, apologies if I missed it!!)
You can do [img width=100] - there is a bbcode help tab in the footer, but I can see how this is confusing to those who don't use forums often, so Ill think about how to improve it!

also itd be neat if clicking on 'melonland forum' took you home as well
The logo will now take you home!

Cache clearing may be needed for changes to appear!

sadness
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wanna heal the internet!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2022 @893.99 »

Stomp away! Im sure you know how nice it is to get feedback about things, even if its unhappy feedback, it always makes my day to have something to fix. These are good suggestions, I always fight with the editor and I dont know why I didnt think of changing it :ohdear:

add height to textbox on posts (this one im typing in) (maybe expand it just a few hundred px? I know you can resize it yourself also)
Made the minimum height 500px, that's about 2x bigger in my browser.

make text in post textbox larger so it's easier to read, it's kind of tiny and hard to see aaaaaa
The text should now be 11pt instead of 9pt!

a way to resize images in posts? (i couldn't find a method that works, apologies if I missed it!!)
You can do [img width=100] - there is a bbcode help tab in the footer, but I can see how this is confusing to those who don't use forums often, so Ill think about how to improve it!

also itd be neat if clicking on 'melonland forum' took you home as well
The logo will now take you home!

Cache clearing may be needed for changes to appear!

hey it looks great! much better! :loved:
and yay! that image code worked. I swear I looked it up first and tried a few different variations but I wasn't getting the syntax right! thanks!!

NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022 @959.50 »

I think I've got a great idea here- how about a chatbox?

When I used a lot of other forums, a feature they offered was a chatbox on the front page. I think it was a standard on MyBB forums. You could use multiple different colors, emoticons, and text formatting in the chatbox, and it would allow you to scroll up to see the chat history up to a certain point.

I don't think this forum runs on MyBB, so I'm not certain how difficult it would be to implement. But if the king of melons could make it happen, I think it'd really do some good for Melonland Forum as a whole!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2022 @806.26 »

how about a chatbox?

I am looking into options for this! Id love to hear if anyone else has an opinion on it!

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2022 @766.52 »

Was the Karma system removed? I don't see it anymore.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2022 @770.38 »

Was the Karma system removed? I don't see it anymore.

Yep, it was removed in the last update, we had a discussion about it here but I forgot to put it in announcements, thanks for the reminder!

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2022 @274.07 »

Would it be possible to remove all the "top 10" lists from the stats page?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022 @981.08 by Icelogist » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5475
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3371
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
++ Forum Badges and Graphics ++

Replies: 7
Views: 3774
Last post April 15, 2023 @779.31
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi